Geithner's Disgrace

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by pcvix, Nov 24, 2009.

1. pcvix

pcvix

2. I've said it here before, Eliot Spitzer needs to be Treasury Sec.

3. Eliot Spitzer wrote:
    "For Geithner to say it would have been "unethical" to negotiate for concessions is sheer silliness. It is akin to saying that having decided that you are willing to pay up to $250,000 for a house, it is unethical to negotiate to buy it for $225,000."

A more apropo analogy might be:
    "For Geithner to say it would have been "unethical" to negotiate for concessions is sheer silliness. It is akin to saying that having decided that you are willing to pay up to $1,000 for a call girl, it is unethical to negotiate to get her for $750"

Spitzer is missing the point that a $750 call girl might have sung like a canary while a more respectable $1000 call girl could have kept quiet.

4. wmb

wmb

paying for hookers vs paying goldman sacs.... hmmm screwing the american people vs screwing yourself hmmmm screwing aig vs screwing cheesy hookers. I dont know it seems to me matter which way we look at it spitzer and his hooker problems are his. Bill Clinton did the same thing only he did it in the oval office and Spitzer did it in a hotel! Maybe spitzer will get an audit of the fed happening or maybe an audit of the insurance companies or mabe an audit of GS!!!

5. leela

leela

Spitzer paid his call girl with his own money. Geithner gave GS with our tax money. That is the big difference!

6. You folks in the Republican camp are missing the point. Spitzer's article demonstrates that a popular revolt against Geithner is starting to brew in the Democratic camp as well and that it should be very concerning for the Obama administration. I swear I explicitly said something about this backlash in the past and that when such a day comes it's not gonna be pretty.

7. wmb

wmb

I dont think we are missing that point! I am just trying to remind people what is happening! However, wait until Blago's trial comes around! 2 suicides and the trial hasnt even started! something isnt right! Illinois is in a heap of trouble different than michigan and california. Timothy should never have gotten involved in this slime!

8. Corelio

Corelio

Oh please. Those scum bags are just trying to get reelected so the strategy is to "revolt" agaisnt those that participated in the bailout. Once the dust settles is back to the same old scheme. Expect more "barking" followed by very little "biting" in the days ahead.

"A dog that barks does not bite".

9. wmb

wmb

oh yeah ,what barking dog do you hang around that doesnt bite? Stick a stick in that barking dogs face and i'm pretty certain your hand will show some bite!
    edit: More importantly why would you want to have what is happening to continue! Geitner needs to go..... GS is going!

10. ElCubano

ElCubano

but it will end up in bonuses which will be used to pay call girls....sheeesh ,,, seems like being the PIMP is the way to go.

#10     Nov 25, 2009