Geithner Postpones New TARP!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Landis82, Feb 8, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Futures already showing signs of a really weak opening. Another delay in this great new TARP, what else is new, the sad thing is even after its passed everyone will believe happy days are here again, man do I feel sorry for anyone that foolish enough to believe that any of these extreme measures they are taking will do anything good for this economy. Remember what happened when they lowered rates to historical lows and pumped easy credit to anyone and everyone, it created a massive credit crisis, remember throwing Trillions of dollars at this crisis WILL NOT WORK, it will just create more problems. The best thing for this economy is just to let it take its own course without any intervention involving historical low interest rates and massive amounts of liquidity.

#11     Feb 8, 2009
  2. Yea, tried to cover before close but missed it. I'm also long on GS for the same amount of position. With some luck it may work out.

#12     Feb 9, 2009
  3. Stosh

Stosh

It is comforting to know that we have brilliant people in gov't who know how and when to stimulate, how much to put in, and when to pull out. I just wish they could do this with the economy! Stosh

#13     Feb 9, 2009
  4. Illum

Illum

Asia was doing well. Now diving. They may not want to be long when Germany opens. Freakin disaster.

#14     Feb 9, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Will it also file your taxes for you even if you "didn't know" you had to pay?

:)

#15     Feb 9, 2009