Geithner Newsflash:It is impossible to lose AAA rating, increase debt ceiling now.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Apr 19, 2011.

1. TGregg

TGregg

To be fair, it's an unwritten part of their job description (for Helicopter Ben and Turbo Tom) to be unwaveringly confident about the US economy. Even unflinchingly - I wonder if one of them will develop a nervous tic by the time this concludes?

Anyway, it's their job to say that. And it is the politico's jobs to do what the voters wanted them to do when they were elected. The losers who #$*&#@*& refuse to do their jobs are the voters! We keep on electing these people. And (parties focused around dried leaf infused sweetwater notwithstanding), most of us still are not serious about real solutions. Heck, even Greece is still not serious.

We've got to line up for some real pain before we are ready to take that medicine.

#11     Apr 20, 2011
  2. We will NEVER "take our medicine"... it will, however, BE SHOVED UP OUR COLLECTIVE ASSES BY SOMEONE WHO'D LIKE TO SEE US DONE IN!

#12     Apr 20, 2011
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

What an argument. Someone doesn't like Oh-Bomb-Ya, Bennie & the Feds, etc. so they must be Klansman. The idiocy on here knows no bounds sometimes.

Don't be late to your Black Panthers meeting. I can safely assume you're a member, right?

#13     Apr 20, 2011
  4. rew

rew

Ha ha ha ha! The shill for the central controllers speaks. No wonder gold is over $1500.

#14     Apr 20, 2011
  5. Geithner really can't say anything else. If he spoke honestly the country would go into a temporary panic and he would somehow be forced to step down.

#15     Apr 20, 2011
  6. I love the optimism but it really isn't realistic. The debt level is really kind of outrageous and is due for a scare like this.

#16     Apr 21, 2011

7. The ''white hoods '' i was referring to were politicians.....like white collar/blue collar thieves of all creeds . Ever met a poor politician ?

and no, im not a member.
    you should apologise.....:p

#17     Apr 21, 2011
  8. the1

the1

He may not be lying because how much influence does the government have over the rating agencies? My guess is a lot. I doubt they can act with complete independence. The government can create money out of thin air to pay whatever debt they want at the expense of crushing the dollar and uncontrollable inflation. Then they make a phone to S&P, Moody's, et al, and the AAA rating remains intact. As long as the Fed can issue debt and place it on its own balance sheet the government can do whatever, whenever they want. But don't forget, Obama is going to reduce the national debt by 4T over 10 years. He wouldn't lie about that, right? Right?

#18     Apr 21, 2011
  9. the1

the1

To this end I completely agree. The day of reckoning for today's actions is out there. Everything comes at a price, especially free money.

#19     Apr 21, 2011
  10. [​IMG]

#20     Apr 21, 2011