geisha girls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marketsurfer, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Nice!

Asian-Americans are pretty cool. I always have a great time with Asian-Americans. I'm considered a crazy Asian so I don't fit the pure Asians in the states. I wouldn't be trading at the exchange if I'm not a crazy Asian.

I have a pride for being crazy!!!!!:D LOL!!!

Good Luck!

trend

#41     Jun 6, 2003
  2. to be honest Trend, there are a lot of jerk/assh**e Asian-Americans just like any other races.

I'm not going to try and blow smoke up anyone's ass and try to claim otherwise - I just responded to this thread because of some of the ignorant stuff that was posted.

Good luck at the Exchange, ya crazy Asian you! :D

#42     Jun 6, 2003
  3. Kobe has some best Japanese foods.

Did you meet a lot of Asian-Americans in UCLA? I used to live in Torrance. I know some USC and UCLA grads. I know about the spoiled chicks you're talking about. The guys are spoiled too. LOL..

Good Luck!

trend

#43     Jun 6, 2003
  4. Thanks!!

LOL!!:D

#44     Jun 7, 2003
  5. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

hi, yes re UCLA , the somewhat disparaging comment I heard from some was the acronym UCLA = "university of caucasians lost among asians" it was about 40% Asian student enrollment back in 82-87 when I was there ....

I first learned back then, about values of hard work and consistent, persistent focus on "getting it right" .. the work ethic was like 10x from asian students relative to usa ones.. they'd live in the library, we'd try to emulate.. getting sidetracked by the frat parties etc.. one realizes, eg the hopes of a generation may be pinned on an out of country foreign student attending with help from life savings of an extended family, to be able to get them a good engineering degree, so they could help the family back home..much different than us relatively spoiled westerners.. was an eye opening experience for me.. to realize how others lived, from other countries..

Overall being exposed to asian people, be it managers, women, business leaders, has been one of the defining positive parts of my life. My master's thesis at CSULB was on masaki imai's excellent "Kaizen" book, and I went on to work with many people around the world to help w/process improvement/tqm types of projects (www.dtu1.com/clients.htm ) .. all very interesting ..

not to mention all the girlfriends .. :) asian women are great. simply irresistable, like that song says.

agree re kobe, the bakeries there are terrific.. superb food at the "opa" and other places... I liked kyoto too .. took a half day JTB tour there which was the highlight of my 2 week trip there a couple years back.. that and all the ah scenery.

one of the things to get used to in japan, is the beer vending machines on every street... I'd wonder what the reaction would be in america if we did that .. likely a bunch o teenagers getting into trouble lol ..

anyways, I'm living close to asia here, in hawaii .. will be moving to japan for a few years (on my life list of things to do)... hard to leave hawaii for anything though.. this place is too beautiful, the scenery of all kinds, breathtaking...

ken

#45     Jun 7, 2003
  6. Interesting....

Good luck in Japan!

Trend

#46     Jun 9, 2003
  7. About 15 years ago on a biz trip to Japan, our hosts took us to a high class Geisha house. The CEO and a few other top executives of the company we were visiting went along, and it was the only time we met them.

The girls were very nice: hand fed us, poured our sake, talked to us a little, lit our cigarettes, they sang for us, we sang for them, played various musical instruments, did caligraphy , read poetry, etc.

The closest to anything sexy was a strip tease contest guests vs. Geishas. I don't remember what the reason was for someone to remove an article of clothing but it was no contest as a Geisha's clothing is very complex and consists of dozens of items. We the guests did not have any chance of seeing any real skin. Of course they stopped before any of us got close to an embarrassing point.

All in all much fun. If I remember Geisha means entertainer or something like that and it is a very tradition rich experience. I'd not hesitate to take my wife along but at that time it would not have been permitted.

DS

#47     Jun 9, 2003
  8. Toonces

Toonces

If you have the National Geographic channel (NGEO) they're running a show right now about geishas. It's being re-run at 11 PM EDT.

#48     Jun 9, 2003