geisha girls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marketsurfer, Jun 4, 2003.

1. I have never been to a geisha girl but once went on a date with a Vietnamese girl who was stunning....she took very good care of me too, if you know what I mean....she cooked, starched my shirt and best of all she pulled my Rickshaw!

#31     Jun 5, 2003
  2. I hope she didnt pull it too hard...

#32     Jun 5, 2003
  3. hehe...

somehow by 'Rickshaw' i don't think you mean the wheeled vehicle...now, a 12 ton suburban is more like what i picture you driving, TM...:D

#33     Jun 5, 2003
  4. Nahh...Im an "Infinity' man..

#34     Jun 5, 2003
  5. LOL!

I agree...They take great care of you.

I've also noticed that if she recognizes that I can cook and etc... I end up taking care of her. It happens to me a lot.:(

trend

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#35     Jun 5, 2003
  6. I think it's important to make a distinction here between Asian women and Asian-American women.

Asian-American women, with their American values and upbringing, are nowhere as supposedly subservient as women born and raised in Asian countries. I should know - I married one.

Besides, the "Asian women are slaves" thing is, in reality, quite different from the cliche notion. In public Asian women may appear to be docile and subservient to their man, but at home they're controlling the purse strings (in Japan the wives give their husbands an allowance!), making major financial decisions, and raising the kids. They rule the roost.

The "love you long time," "oh me so horny," "5 dollah," Hollywood stereotype that came out of Vietnam and somehow became associated with ALL Asian women is, besides being inaccurate, very offensive.

#36     Jun 5, 2003
  7. Roppongi is nice. There are some nice ones in Ginza.

Martial arts has also changed too. Historically, Japanese martial arts has also degraded. The cause is Western influence. Practice in martial arts in the old days were rooted in the life-style. Nowadays Japanese live a different life-style.

I don't think the majority of martial arts dojo's maintain the rich culture and the detail anymore.

trend

#37     Jun 5, 2003
  8. Agree....

My family was different. My father was giving allowance to my mother. In most cases, wives control everything inside and usually giviing allowance to their husband (Especially, husbands with bad habits).

Did you marry an Asian-American or Asian?

Good trade!

trend

#38     Jun 5, 2003
  9. Married an Asian-American. She's about as far from the meek, subservient stereotype you can get!

But that's fine. I didn't want a slave for a wife anyways! :)

#39     Jun 5, 2003
  10. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

hey great posts.. all makes sense...

my wife's from Kobe, very nice, great friend etc and plus I haven't cooked or cleaned in the 5 years I've been with her :p

that's the difference, true, re what in hawaii we call "just off the plane" from asia vs local/asian-american ... all women are great ... I used to date a local miss chinatown when I was an undergrad at ucla .. she was difficult though I remember, spoiled... so I skipped the american models/beauty queens, they are often spoiled from childhood and are fickle/difficult..

one interesting thing about american asian women, many I've dated "run hot/cold" .. eg like a light switch they can change from being your best friend to not wanting to have anything to do with you ... then back again ... confusing ..

me, I like less drama/arguments, so women from asia are my preferred choice nowadays... not that she's a slave or anything (wait a sec -- I have to go tell her to go run my bath, be right back) ..

lol..

anyways, as long as everyone's treated w/respect and kindness, it's all good ..

#40     Jun 5, 2003