geisha girls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marketsurfer, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Trend456, are you Japanese? You write as though you are Japanese, but seem to be pretty off on a few points.

I've lived in Japan for almost 9 years and don't claim to be an expert on any of these matters, but I'm pretty sure I know more than some of the stuff I've seen written.

To the best of my knowledge, modern day geisha don't perform sexual related tasks. They are HIGH class entertainers. I could be wrong about this, but either way, their main trade is Japanese culture.

A hostess bar (never been) is a place to spend an evening buying watered down drinks for ladies who only pretend to be interested in you. Hostesses make good money, but I have yet to meet one who wasn't dying to get a different job.

A "soapland" and "fashionhealth" (neverbeen) are places to get laid. I can't remember what the differences are between them, though it was explained to me once long ago. I think maybe the soapland is mostly oral???

In Kyoto I had the pleasure of meeting a few Maiko-san. They are like geisha and basically serve you, entertain you, and see that you are comfortable in every way. Their voices are INSANELY unnatural, but it's like listening to (insert wonderful metaphor here). I couldn't think of a metaphor that does the quality of their voice training justice. Considering that just getting ready for the evening probably takes them about 5 hours (clothes, makeup) they don't come as cheap entertainment.

Hope this clears a few things up.

#21     Jun 5, 2003

2. 1. Hostess and Geisha. It all depends on the quality. There's low and high performers. Different levels of service. Some sexual and some formal. A lot are lately sexual especially on private parties.

2. I mentioned soupland's assuming people's interest are towards sexual tasks. Neverbeen to soap's and fashionmassage but I've heard they do everything at some places.

3. "Maiko-san." Maiko-san is the name of a development stage before becoming a Geiko(another name for Geisha in Kyoto). In traditional Geiko you go through different steps. I think it was: Minarai, Maiko, Geiko(Geisha).(Not sure) You can start performing after you become a Maiko.

Anyways.... The reasons sexual tasks started was because it was hard for Geisha's to support themselves. There are some organized groups I think all in Kyoto. These organized groups work as talent agencies for Geisha's. These groups help Traditional Geisha's from performing sexual tasks and to avoid Geisha's from having difficulty in money.

Japanese consider Geisha's, Hostess, and Party companions in the service business. They call this kind of business "Se-Kyaku-Gyou" or "Mizu-Shoubai." Like any business some have to do whatever it takes to survive.:(

You're lucky to see a good one. You wouldn't want to play strip games with Geisha's.

I think it takes more explaining but it gets too long.

Good Trade.

trend:)

#22     Jun 5, 2003
  3. Geisha call girl bitches rock... highly obedient sluts willin' to do anything you want... the closest thing to a sex slave on this planet... I hope...

#23     Jun 5, 2003
  4. there's a HUGE difference between REAL geishas and hostesses.

There is no such thing as a "cheap" geisha nowadays. If they're cheap they're not real geishas. Real geishas cost a fortune and are not necessarily all that hot.

Trust me. I lived in Japan for several years and have seen "real" geisha in Kyoto while with some Japanese friends. They were very impressed not only with the geishas' bearing but their speech. I realized I was seeing something rare but was also keenly surprised that they weren't all that great looking.

#24     Jun 5, 2003
  5. {This is the WDGann writing through trend456's account... I would re-open my old WDGann name but they banned or closed all my accounts so please don't be confused that trend456 is me...}

Well, trend got me to elitetrader.com for this thread... Funny thing is I'm briefly back just for this thread, unrelated to trading... LOL... (At least this thread is staying in topic... LOL again)

Being a Japanese and an expert in the field... (hey, I'm young and horny... so shut up!) Despite the information about what you've read or about what you briefly experienced, Geishas are a high maintenanced and highly skilled prostitute, literally.

1. The geishas are just a master of seducing men. They've got mad skills and the culture has taken it to a point where I am proud to say it's an art. The way they do the makeups, way they walk, the way they talk... the way they are, in a sense is all trained skill based on 1000 years of experience. It is a way for the women back in the days to protect themselves

(Look, the old Japan had a government but close none policing... rape, murder, stealing was just part of the culture... justice is served by the individual... that's why we kick ass!)

So it started off as a way for women to stay alive by seducing men. The more powerful guy it is... the better. But the problem with powerful men are that they are stubborn and very experienced. So they seeked a way to over-seduce that guy and so forth.

Service, care-giving, sex and other stuff are just part of it. Another thing is... as a culture sex is not much of a weigh than in European Cultures. The concept and idea of "Love" came from Christian teachings, also a sense of 1 man - 1 woman committment thing also. Marriage was more of a family matter than a person to person loving matter. Sadly, despite of what you think and read, it's true. That's the cultural basis and that's what the Geisha's philosophy is... "survival"

So what is a REAL Geisha? A woman that is using their sexuality to survive in the world, old or new...

Please don't beautify some breif experience and/or view them as low lifes, there is 800 years of harsh cultural reality beneath the Geishas or even martial arts.

Martial artists killed people. Geishas seduced and used men. There's no moral good or bad. It's just the way it was, at least they both are surviving in the modern world as an art. Something to think about... eh???

{Added...}

So in the modern world... how are Geishas and Prostitutes different?... .... ...

The basis of surviving through the seduction of men are both common. But there is the Zen-ness of the Way of the Geisha... What you are doing is the same... but the approach is different... Just because you are reaching for Zen, does that make it worth "more"?

It's like saying which is more important...

A profitable trader that makes 30% return

or

A trader seeking for Zen that makes 5% return

I think the answer lies in the Subjectivity of ironic differences in Causal Objectivity and Effective Result.

#25     Jun 5, 2003
  6. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

hapaboy & lightningsmurf are right ... the art of the geisha is mostly lost nowadays, there was an interesting special on them on a cable channel last year here...

having a wife from japan (www.dtu1.com/wife.jpg) and being somewhat knowledgeable about asian women (a ah personal hobby lol), I would offer the following insights:

a) the art form of the geisha is, like martial arts, a very culture-rich and detailed one, see http://www.immortalgeisha.com

b) confusion about what geisha/maiko etc are occurred starting right after ww2 w/hostesses being called geisha, creating confusion.

c) asian women know how to treat men very well and personally (and I speak from lots of experience) they are great for me.

Interesting topic .. I would consider geisha one of the subsets of Japanese culture that is dedicated to preserving culture and art, and are dwindling in numbers.

Hostesses on the other hand (also called omizu girls, water girls) are dime a dozen like any country. Some of the best hostess bars in Japan are in Roppongi, but like pachinko parlors, they're everywhere.

I will probably be living in Japan for 3-4 years, starting 2005, should be interesting.

ken

#26     Jun 5, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

This is turning out to be one very interesting thread.
    There are quite a few books out on the subject if you look in Amazon.....I read some at the public library, and can't remember the titles off hand but they were very good.:)

#27     Jun 5, 2003
  8. American woman, stay away from me
    American woman, mama let me be
    Don't come hangin' around my door
    I don't wanna see your face no more
    I got more important things to do
    Than spend my time growin' old with you

Now woman, stay away, American woman, listen what I say

American woman, get away from me
    American woman, mama let me be
    Don't come knockin' around my door
    I don't wanna see your shadow no more

#28     Jun 5, 2003
  9. "5 dolla' -- love you long time"

"Me so horny"

"Me love you long time"

#29     Jun 5, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Aphie, did you just crawl out from under your rock?
    Me buy you hot nookie for birthday......:D

#30     Jun 5, 2003