Geico Auto Insurance Won't Play Fair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jinxu, May 26, 2013.

1. jinxu

jinxu

I see. I'll be without a car for a few days and at the moment I'm a little lazy to look things up. But will Geico pay for a rental and will they be force to pay whatever the body shop charges? My understanding it that geico may be force to pay fast as there's also a storage fee the longer it takes them to pay the more they will be charged.

I still like to pocket some money is there a way to pocket some of it?

#21     May 27, 2013
  2. jinxu

jinxu

#22     May 27, 2013
  3. I didn't read the link but I'm a property adjuster and have been with some of the auto guys on storms working. There isn't much way to force an insurance company to pay more than what the actual damage repair is going to cost. And as far as pocketing the money if they pay you up front you can shop for the best price you can get but if the check goes directly to the auto body shop then they'd have to be willing to send a fake invoice (commit fraud) to the insurance company. A young girl hit my truck in November in New Jersey while I was working Sandy and she had Geico insurance. They just cut me a check since I didn't live there and told me if it was going to cost more to have the body shop get in contact with them. They paid $2400 for a little scratch on the fender and I'm getting it fixed for $750. I don't know if the Geico guy paid me more because I was an adjuster working the storm in the area or not but they treated me right.

#23     May 27, 2013
  4. I suspect they paid you more once they saw the Obama sticker on the bumper. :D

#24     May 27, 2013
  5. Good one denner, but I'm sticker free. :p I've never had a bumper sticker on a car, not that kind of a guy.

#25     May 27, 2013
  6. jinxu one thing you need to do also is read your insurance policy, this is the actual contract that you and the insurance company have to abide by. I carry copies of the policies with me when I'm adjusting so if a problem or question comes up I can show the insured the paragraph out of the policy that addresses their questions.

#26     May 27, 2013
  7. jinxu

jinxu

Sure, but I don't think they ever sent any policy in hard or soft copy to me ever. I would remember as I save those kind of things in a folder. I'm assuming their policy is gonna be bound by state/federal laws.

#27     May 27, 2013
  8. Your insurance agent should be able to get you a copy quickly. All insurance is highly regulated but the policy is the contract. I'm not familiar with auto policies but there are different property policies. Concerning property claims the insurance companies usually pay a portion of the claim check up front and don't pay the difference until the work is completed if the extra cost is incurred, this payment method is stated clearly in the home owners policy.

#28     May 27, 2013
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Your policy will state if you have rental insurance, Bigarrow is correct you need to look at your policy. You have two sides to your auto insurance, a liability side and then your comp and collision. In Bigarrows incident he was the victim, the other person's liability insurance was on the hook to make things right. They usually jump through hoops to satisfy within limits, to avoid lawsuits.

Your dealing with the comprehensive and collision side of your insurance. "Collision" repairs your vehicle when you are at fault, "Comprehensive" pays when it's no body's fault, storms, trees falling on your car etc.... referred as acts of God. Comprehensive does not pay when the fault is an uninsured driver, that's additional coverage, and everyone should be familiar with their states laws concerning this and protect themselves accordingly.

Daily storage fees normally apply when the vehicle is totaled, the repair cost is higher than a set percentage of the vehicles retail price, in that case the insurance company buys back the vehicle and disposes of it, normally at a local salvage auction..... storage fees are a way for the repair shop to recover some money for having to deal with the vehicle in lieu of repairing it.

You're wanting to make money........ what's your deductible?

#29     May 28, 2013
  10. nursebee

nursebee

OP,
    you seem to be whining like a little girl.
    Do what you've been told or take your little check.
    Close the thread.

#30     May 29, 2013