Geez... Wake me up when the Waves come in

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jdesey, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

ZZZZZZ..... 4 points ES Range so far today... Yukk.. summer doldrums in full swing...
    average range is 18 points last 12 months... and we have had some good days this month, even a 25 point range on July 6... but hey, if conditions suck you just can't trade... I compare it to being ready to surf, but there's no waves,,,, just gotta sit on the beach and wait...

2. Hehe...my best days always comes when the ES traders are bitching about no volatility. Though this one was on the CMG move

3. Jdesey

Jdesey

yeah yeah yeah..... don't tell me that... then my dumbass will start looking for other vehicles to trade... or better yet, let me go search for the latest trade setup that will work in this environment and jump to a whole new strategy...

4. speedo

speedo

Actually 6 1/4 but thin enough. Standard issue Summer stuff, couple decent days and a couple snoozers. Just have to wait for your setups, don't force.

5. Jdesey

Jdesey

oh,,common! speedo... whatever... it just sucks, I want to trade BUT the biggest skill I have to stick to is not to trade when the conditions are not right.... I have had to learn patience

6. I tend to do credit spreads, so a big move either direction doesn't help me much (against me is obvious why, if it moves away from my strikes, I end up closing early as the downside gets to 8 or 10x the remaining premium.

This week was different with some passive positions because I'm on vacation.

But I'll almost certainly be changing strategies when I get home as I'm more bullish for a long term rather than just a week or two timeframe. Back to my favorite...diagonals!

7. algofy

algofy

Stop trading the ES, simple.