GE Receives 10,000 Applications in 3 Days For 90 Factory Jobs Paying $13 An Hour

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 8, 2009.

1. CONSIDERING HOW PATHETIC AND DEGENERATE TEACHERS IN AMERICA ARE,,,, WHAT CHANCE DOES A KID HAVE TO GET AN EDUCATION THAT IS WORTH THE COST NOW????????

#21     Oct 8, 2009
  2. If you're saying that parents can't or won't educate their kids, you're right.
    And, since their parents do manage to teach them how to act like assholes, no wonder teachers can't teach.

#22     Oct 8, 2009
  3. tradermac

tradermac

You are a fool. Why should anyone choose to socialize with you over so-called degenerates?

#23     Oct 8, 2009
  4. You mean Degenerate students and their equally degenerate parents?

These degenerate parents show up regularly to scream obscenities on the sidelines at teenage refs while they're no shows at the PTA

Time to put the blame where it should be. Squarely on the degenerate voter base.

Watching these geriatric tea baggers fighting for Corporations is enough to make one gag. Are you one of them?

#24     Oct 8, 2009
  5. #25     Oct 8, 2009
  6. The students with a brain in their head (and there are a few) realize fully well that their student debt won't be paid off that easily. The expectation was that that debt would be an investment toward a job that would later on easily allow you to pay off that given debt within a year or two.

Right now it isn't looking good and the interest payment clock is ticking! Many haven't even started their adult lives and are already in danger of getting caught in the debt trap.

#26     Oct 8, 2009

7. Yes, I agree. Besides, a person needs to read the fine print in the report: The so-called "augmented unemployment rate" is much higher than 9.8%.

------------------------------------------------------

"About 2.2 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force in September, an increase of 615,000 from a year earlier. (The data are not seasonally adjusted.)

These individuals were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey.

Among the marginally attached, there were 706,000 discouraged workers in September, up by 239,000 from a year earlier. (The data are not seasonally adjusted.) Discouraged workers are persons not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them."

#27     Oct 8, 2009
  8. ashatet

ashatet

Its OK to be in debt if you have a rigorous education as in engineering or medicine or accounting etc.

#28     Oct 9, 2009
  9. aegis

aegis

Things are pretty screwed up right now for accountants.

I have a BSBA in Information Systems from UW-Madison and I'm currently pursuing an MS in Accounting. I'm nearly finished with the MS and have passed all four sections of the CPA exam in my state. So far, I've only been called for one interview with Deloitte & Touche. Needless to say, I didn't get the job.

There are about 150 students in my accounting program. So far, only 17 have found jobs. Six of those 17 already had law degrees. It seems as though the Big 4 accounting firms are only hiring on lawyers or 22 year old girls these days.

When adoption of IFRS becomes mandatory, the job outlook may look even bleaker for American accountants. It really helps to set yourself apart by passing the ACCA exams, which will require at least three years of study.

#29     Oct 9, 2009
  10. It's NEVER ok to be in debt and is ALWAYS a risk.

Also, rigorous education? What exactly does that mean?

#30     Oct 9, 2009