GE Receives 10,000 Applications in 3 Days For 90 Factory Jobs Paying $13 An Hour

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Fixed that for you.

#11     Oct 8, 2009
  2. hah you're right about that. Reminds me of a chapter in a book I read: "The Well-Chosen Average" from "How To Lie With Statistics." It's old, but a pretty good book.

#12     Oct 8, 2009
  3. What age group are you looking at? How are things looking for new hires?

#13     Oct 8, 2009
  4. I'm waiting til May 2010 for new hire comparisons as the data now keeps changing due to revisions but it's not going to be that bad.

#14     Oct 8, 2009

5. think we as a country and an economic system will make it that far?

think its in the cards?

think the creditors will allow us to remain deficit that long?

what's your faith based on?, hopes, trade deals, what?

cause we're in sore need of something to believe in now...

#15     Oct 8, 2009
  6. We're getting our 'North American Union' whether we like it or not, eh?

#16     Oct 8, 2009
  7. Not to mentioned that the criteria for 'unemployment' has been chnaged over the years.

#17     Oct 8, 2009
  8. jprad

jprad

Anyone who quotes BLS statistics is really saying a lot about themselves, and none of it is good.

#18     Oct 8, 2009
  9. i've posted this before but at my Ivy league alma mater as of July unemployment among graduating seniors not headed to grad school was easily 20 %. At local non ivies I would estimate upwards of 30 %. At least. Satisfied with your student loan investment? I am convinced those are from the devil, but that's another discussion.

#19     Oct 8, 2009
  10. the1

the1

Ain't that the truth. Government statistics are about as reliable as a 5th grader grading his own math test. Go and look for a job even with a Master's Degree and you'll quickly find out what the job market is like. Even accountants can't find work. I don't know if I've ever met an unemployed accountant before now.

And what DrSteph said above.....there's no end to the number of people who believe their $30k education is worthless. A college degree these days is nothing more than a piece of paper.

#20     Oct 8, 2009