GE Put Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by Vinny1, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Been here since 04 and you're still a phukkin retard.

Discussing R:R of naked puts makes me nauseous.

Do we really need to go there?

Hmmm.. I'm right I keep this 50k, if I lose I'm out 2 commas.....

WTF are we even discussing this? Are you and the OP butt buddies?

#51     Mar 13, 2009
  2. You're the one who said "unlimited risk" and that's NEVER the case with selling naked puts so you're the "phukkin retard."

Why does it make you nauseous? Lose your ass because you don't know what you're doing? :p

#52     Mar 13, 2009
  3. nome

nome

Funny that I should think of this thread when I saw the massive rally in GE this week.

Man just cover already. What if GE gaps down to $4 next week? I guarantee you will be pissed as hell at yourself.

#53     Mar 13, 2009

4. You are a financial advisor? And you do not know that writing puts offers a limited downside, which is the strike price minus the premium collected.

Selling naked calls and shorting stocks have unlimited risk, not writing puts.

#54     Mar 13, 2009
  5. Maybe at Lehman Brothers or Bear Stearns they would have.

#55     Mar 13, 2009
  6. Some of the replays I find quite odd. A lack of understanding on some of the basics.

#56     Mar 13, 2009
  7. KoS you’re vastly more qualified than me to answer your own question on why someone would post “eh hem” trades on these boards. My opinion is that they’re simply seeking the attention they so desperately crave and feel they deserve in the real world but don’t get. I don’t waste time posting what may or may not be fictitious trades, profits, wealth or about material goods. I go under the assumption that every person on the internet is rich and good looking and those who feel they need to post about that sort of thing affirm my assumption.

On your other issue I never said that 2000 cars was a lot or 1m bucks was a lot, you tip your hand when you assumed I implied that. LOL

#57     Mar 13, 2009
  8. I just think it is pointless to argue the fact. He made a trade, he posted it, end of story. Last I heard this is a board where people discuss trading???

Pointless and petty to call someone a liar when they post something.

#58     Mar 13, 2009
  9. Who called anyone a liar? I said he may or may not have made the trade, posting it on a board does not make it fact.

My point is just that... its easy to post stuff like that on a board it does not really prove anything. IMO this board is for discussing trade ideas and asking/answering questions about options. Its the internet its entertainment

#59     Mar 13, 2009
  10. this is a myth, everything has limited risk. the limit is your account size.

#60     Mar 14, 2009