GE Is A Massive Bankruptcy, It's Bonds Are Up ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Stockolio, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Why isn't the market catching on ? Older traders always said the markets are always right but I don't understand, GE Bonds are trading higher today, the 2039 one...

It's a gigantic fraud bigger then Enron when you read Harry's Thesis, he exposed them hard... Anybody who looked at the first 10 pages of Thesis knows it's clear as day, yet GE is flying today ? Has Passive investing and algo's created a very dumb system that buys until the last second of trouble then craters all at once ? Their bonds are getting junked into hell within weeks at latest, I don't get it... Is it literally about money flowing and front running ? What is going on with markets nowadays ? The sheer size of debt getting junked will start havoc in bond markets, nobody seems to care today or even talk about it

http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnb...9/8/15/2019_08_15_GE_Whistleblower_Report.pdf

bloomberg1 likes this.
  2. ETJ

ETJ

Long the bond(senior) against shorting the stock and getting short the stock, in the options market.

3. Interesting... But more Calls then Puts on volume in every date until Jan 2020

4. There is just no way these big firms and institutions can be this dumb... This is the blow up of the decade

5. destriero

destriero

The synthetic is trading at cash. There are plenty of shares available. F*cking duh.

6. ETJ

ETJ

Synthetic puts. The trade is being promoted fairly widely and unless you can see the OPRA codes it would be challenging to know.

7. Out of curiosity - being promoted fairly widely where? I'm always trying to sort a tiny bit of grain from the incredible amounts of chaff in the financial media, and anything with even a tinge of the straight story is of interest.

(Side comment: bleedin' hell, @destriero - you manage to pack an encyclopedia's worth of info into a couple of sentences. Had me searching, reading, and staring at numbers for the last 1/2 an hour. I guess I should say "thanks". :D)

8. ETJ

ETJ

The agency side institutional brokers.

9. Ah. Not a source I have access to, then.

Thanks for the info!

10. #10     Aug 16, 2019