GE General Electric

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wiesman02, Feb 3, 2012.

1. TRS

TRS

just to clarify my records

he opened credit markets

instigating change, renewal and evolution.....

and now...

best leave that to those who 'know best' how to run the game.......

#11     Feb 4, 2012
  2. I'm certainly no expert on GE, but it occurs to me that it is something of a metaphor for the US economy. Once a proud leader in manufacturing, now it is almost totally defined by financial engineering and sleight of hand accounting. Innovation and quality have been replaced by political opportunism and its cousin, crony capitalism.

So Obama's biggest supporter in the financial sector, Warren Buffet, owns Moodys, which holds the fate of Ge in its hands through bond ratings. GE is run by Obama's biggest corporate sponsor, Jeff Immelt, and used to own the network that whored most shamelessly for Obama, NBC/MSNBC. Then there's GM, and of course, lurking behind the curtain, Soros.

Maybe the Occupy morons are on to something. Just not what they think they are.

#12     Feb 4, 2012
  3. TRS

TRS

Thought provoking

and well said.

#13     Feb 5, 2012
  4. This is an old thread but what ya do with this dog? My average price is around 19. I am thinking about selling calls around 1 buck otm for about .05-09 premium. If i'm called away so be it, big loss but what would you do...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    #14     Mar 14, 2018
  5. ironchef

ironchef

I don't know, maybe buy more, average down or buy options instead of sell options? The old saying: buy when there is blood in the street.... and there is plenty of GE blood in the street.

One positive, as of the last qtr report, cash flow is finally turning positive, though only slightly. If they can manage and not squander their cash, they can survive and thrive.

Best regards,

#15     Mar 17, 2018
    viruscore1 likes this.
  6. I was thinking of getting rid of my long position and using options to put on the synthetic long. This will free up cash. Worst case scenario, i end up long again but at a lower price. But the long call option will be a loss ...

#16     Mar 17, 2018
  7. GE
    I see GE as having great potential and very recently has seen it’s stock price start to perform better.

My concern is the relentless increase of short interest rates and the flatening of the yield curve. GE has lots of debt, including short term paper and increases in their borrowing costs only stress their cashflow more.

Personally, I would consider GE a speculative play and size my position accordlingly. I would look for major product annoucements out of their medical equipment division and for awards of large government contracts before committing additional money to them

#17     Mar 17, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I took a long position recently so I am in the same boat as lylec305. It is the most speculative position I took lately. Hopefully we can both come out OK on this.

#18     Mar 17, 2018
    viruscore1 likes this.
  9. Today, Immelt’s successor John Flannery has embarked on a turnaround of GE, wisely choosing to restore accountability and focus on three core businesses: aviation, power, and renewable energy. The three key issues the company faces today are 1) secular threats facing GE Power, 2) a lack of liquidity, and 3) lingering liabilities at GE Capital.

#19     Jul 18, 2018
    ironchef and viruscore1 like this.
  10. maxinger

maxinger

Options trader bets on a 20% plunge for industrial giant GE
    PUBLISHED THU, MAY 14 202012:53 PM EDT

#20     May 18, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.