GDP tomorrow morning - what's your trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, Apr 26, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I heard the spin on these numbers from the guy at the CME when he said I wouldnt call this stagflation, I would call it a soft landing.

These numbers are bad no matter which way you look at them, will the dow go positive at one point during the day, YES!

If the dow does go up strongly today, there is nothing that is going to stop this market anytime soon, I would have to say 14k by late june early july.

#21     Apr 27, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

This is an economic number and it's a leading indicator.

I know you guys aren't use to leading indicators because you've all been brainwashed by the charting companies to use lagging ones.

:cool:

#22     Apr 27, 2007
  3. Joab, are all economic numbers leading indicators? Do you know which ones are and which ones aren't?

#23     Apr 27, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

The ones that matter.

Use some common sense.

Educate yourself on what they are and what they mean and then place them in context of the current market environment.

#24     Apr 27, 2007
  5. I was asking you, I know their are leading, lagging and coincident indicators. Do you know?

#25     Apr 27, 2007
  6. I'm guessing you feel Q1 GDP is a leading indicator as well as this week's housing data. Is that correct?

#26     Apr 27, 2007
  7. Well, there you have it folks. Who's right? The economic data or market prices? Keep fighting it Joab. BWAHAHAHahahahahaaHAH, NEW HIGHS

#27     Apr 27, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Today is just incredible, you get some of the worst numbers and the markets move higher, if these numbers came out like this at this time last year you would easily see the dow trading off 1%. This market is too irrational at this point, if these numbers didnt do a thing to this market NOTHING WILL. This bear is saying DOW 14k by mid July!!!!

#28     Apr 27, 2007
  9. Today, all week. Not only is it going up, its accelerating. Giddyup horesy, blow them shorts out.

#29     Apr 27, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

#30     Apr 27, 2007