Gdp/jpy

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TradingWise, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Nice spike on opening, took out my TP right away. Even better, I received slippage: the trade closed at 66 while the original TP was at 28. That was fair I guess, as I received about 80 pip negative slippage some time back (also on GBP/JPY after the weekend) :) :D

I'm out of the market at this time.

#21     Apr 15, 2007
  2. fantastic! yes, i saw the spike up last night. it's much stronger than i anticipated trading just over 238 overnight...insane!

anyway, i'm glad to see you got limited out and then some...can't beat positive slippage...hahaha.

talk to you again soon. GL & GT.

#22     Apr 16, 2007
  3. regardless of the pair, i always trade off of a daily chart with cross analysis on a 4-hour chart.

my stop is based on logical levels i see on the daily chart...so there is no one typical size. it's whatever the chart shows me where my stop should probably be.

i then size my trade accordingly relative to that stop so that the total Dollar loss it represents is appropriate relative to my account size.

i hope that answers your question.

#23     Apr 16, 2007
  4. achilles28

achilles28

It does. :)

#24     Apr 16, 2007
  5. For me it's about the same.

Regardless of the pair, I look at the daily and 3 hour charts. I try to get a sense of trend and momentum. I don't try to guess any support / resistance levels. For me this would just be arbitrary, as I really don't have a feeling if a top, bottom or fibo retracement has any significance. Momentum could easily push the rate right through like the level never existed. So what I do is apply a 100 SL and TP. Or sometimes extend this to 200 for pairs with great volatility like GBP/JPY.

#25     Apr 16, 2007
  6. Well, the US took an all time seven-week high againts the yen on friday. Word of caution, for all the yen traders out there, I would not bet to heavily on the yen weakness...Japan's economic recovery is on track.

#26     Apr 17, 2007
  7. Luke_P

Luke_P

I agree this is a great currency to trade. Possibly the reason this currency continues to climb is because of all the carry traders profiting off of the interest difference. Must have made people filthy rich holding this pair for so long. But it is likely to unwind. When is not certain but when it does you can be damn sure it is going to fall like a rock.

#27     Apr 17, 2007
  8. It looks like a nice short around 239.50/240.

#28     Apr 17, 2007
  9. The market closed above the River level at 236.51, so short trades continue to be aggressive and we continue to hold longs.

Long Strategy

If you are long from the 236 area, stay long. Risk would be a failure to close above 238.87 which we are testing now. If we do not overcome this level exit. Final target above this level is 241.21 where all longs should exit.

Traders can look to set longs on a move down to 236.53. Risk would be an hourly close below River at 236.23. If this occurs, traders should exit. You can always re-enter if we move back above. Targets are 238.87/239.16, then 241.21 where all longs should exit.

Short Strategy (Higher Risk)

Traders can enter new shorts if we do not close above the 238.87 area. Look to enter on an hourly close below this level. Risk is an hourly close above 239.16. Target is 236.53. Cover completely here.

[​IMG]

#29     Apr 30, 2007
  10. 239.20 is a great Level
    224 is not bad Long term target

Great Level Man

#30     Apr 30, 2007