Gcom

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Hey Topdown great news I found a F*ing reference to this stock by someone smarter than myself!

On the Startagy Lab which I think is MSN there's a chick called The " Value Shopper " Nancy Zabell on the 7th she made these comments:
    My first new recommendation:
    Globecomm Systems
    Current price: $11.23
    Target price: $15.50
    Market cap: $174.5 million
    Shares outstanding: 15.5 million
    Cash: $25.8 million
    Globecomm Systems (GCOM, news, msgs) is a global provider of satellite-based communication products, including earth stations, ancillary subsystems, satellite networks, surveillance networks, as well as standard and custom engineered communication services.
    Business is surging at Globecomm. The company has received more than $20 million in new commercial and government contracts since the beginning of the year, including a $13.1 million contract from NATO for a tracking system that uses Global Positioning System technology.
    Globecomm's second-quarter 2007 earnings will be reported on Wednesday, Feb. 7, and are expected to come in at 11 cents per share, almost triple last year's 3 cents per share. Revenues are estimated at $35.84 million, some 20% higher than 2006’s second quarter.
    In light of the president's call for mega-bucks for additional defense spending, as well as numerous commercial applications in development, it looks like Globecomm may be in the driver’s seat for great potential gains.
    I recommend that you purchase 400 shares of Globecomm Systems at a price no greater than $11.80 per share. My 12- to 24-month price target is $15.50, about a 38% increase from today's level.

>> I just feel so much better now. It's a VALUE play!
    I'm holding and maybe buying more. ~ stoney

#21     Feb 23, 2007
  2. Alright this stinking stock is an embarrassment I put my good housekeeping stamp of approval on it and it has failed to deliver. They register a shelf offering of 50 mln shares recently and I jumped out fearing the dilution to a small float stock. What happened? Well two things of course the stock awoke from the grave and looks healthy again but also mysteriously I just received a phone call from a player at a major brokerage here in the city requesting my take on the co. It seems SOMEBODY is reading my threads!

Let's keep this on the watch board folks!

#22     Apr 18, 2007
  3. topdown

topdown

GCOM got a nice mention by Charles Hess in this weeks Barron's. (Ya think there was a leak that caused the Fri. run-up?). He speaks of the US' concern for security of our satellite system and the DOD has committed $34B towards building a "Global Information Grid similar to the Internet. Also mentioned are SAI and RVSN.

Bet we see some follow thru on Monday. May be time to reenter a position.

#23     Apr 29, 2007
  4. Thanks TopD Yea that reaks of Inside Info move...
    My subscription ran out... SI

#24     Apr 30, 2007
  5. Alright guys, it's Friday afternoon 2 hours before market close. I'm sitting on a 20+% gain on my GCOM position. Last I checked, earnings are next Thursday 5/10.

Close the whole shebang now? Close 1/2 and move the stop up? Let 'er ride?

#25     May 4, 2007
  6. Tuke

Tuke

I new to this whole game but I've been told you don't hold before earnings. Seems 80% of stocks go down after the reports even if the news is good. Can anyone verify this?

#26     May 4, 2007
  7. Oh I HATE YOU!!!!!

Up 20% into earnings I'd let it ride. The Company tends to blow out number and no one cares. Not a huge earnings reaction play rather a slow and steady monster I'm so pissed I don't own GCOM!

Congrats- stoney

#27     May 4, 2007
  8. It was a good stock when I bought it in terms of EPS rank and relative strength rank. I ended up keeping the whole position and will probably sell next week before earnings.

20% is 20%, so I'll take it!

#28     May 5, 2007
  9. OK, so I didn't take it when I said I would. Today however, it shot up another 5%, so I'm really out this time.

27% gain, onto the next opportunity.

#29     May 21, 2007