Gcom

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Fire Island is a long island my friend, forgive the pun.
    All the way East in Davis Park it's all families. We are in Ocean Ridge which is even further out.
    Life has gotten to the point where each year's worth of pure sloth fun is compacted into those summer months without it in New York City I would surly lose my mind.
    Also my dog he can run free there no rules except a leash law if they catch you...

#11     Feb 8, 2007
  2. Valuation using Globecomm Systems, Inc. 's current multiple (P/E):

Fiscal Year Est Low/High Price Range Avg. Est. Price % Change for Average
    6/2007 14.67-14.67 14.67 32.64%
    6/2008 21.19-21.19 21.19 91.59%

#12     Feb 9, 2007
  3. * common man!

GCOM Globecomm Systems Inc (NASDAQ GM) 11.15 +0.02 ( +0.18%)

Open 11.05 High 11.40 Low 11.05 Volume 48,009

Prev Close 11.13 52-Wk High 11.63 52-Wk Low 6.26 P/E Ratio 31.86

Day HIGh $11.40 I like that print better with a 52 week @ $11.63. We just need some more volume folks. It will happen. Damn depressing close. Common I ask again from the depths of the deep blue sea if there really is a trading goddess reveal thy saber to me! Make GCOM go UP>

#13     Feb 12, 2007
  4. topdown

topdown

It looks like the 11.40 was a market order placed at the open. It immediately fell back into the 11 teens and stayed there the rest of the day. VERY light volume. I'm still holding in both accounts and I am happy holding long term in my IRA, but I can't stand a low volume dead beat creeper taking up space in my trading account. If it doesn't get to 12 by Friday, those shares are gone!

#14     Feb 12, 2007
  5. I bet it goes right to $11.85 or $10.85 tomorrow- it's toying with us trying to break our will. On the surface I feel the same way as you...but you never know when NATO will do a follow on order or they land a big contract.

They are building a new opps center> seems like a really smooth little company.

#15     Feb 12, 2007
  6. topdown

topdown

She opened up pretty strong today with a little volume for the first 1/2 hour anyway. A few hundred shares here and there drove her right up to $11.45. Thought to myself "maybe we got something going today". Well....It is becoming evident that she is a morning person and doesn't do so well after her opening act.

One thing I did notice - It seems that during the day there are larger trades (large for this stock meaning anything over 1K shares) that appear to be sells at Market that drive it straight down. I am theorizing that these may be insiders that are exercising options? What do you think? She trades so thin that even a sell order for 2K shares can drop make her drop to her knees (see the 13:25 tick).

One thing I do know - When I do get out I will hit it at the open that's for damn sure.

#16     Feb 13, 2007
  7. Topdown yesterday you hit it on the head- there was a phantom $11.40 trade and this morning magically it was there again. Very strange- it's as if someone left a huge sell order @ $11.40 (perhaps insider they do an awful lot of that-one of the knocks on the company) and the market maker keeps lifting it and smacking it. I have see this happen before. It will resolve itself to the upside especially if we can get an initiation of coverage.

One thing I will say is I don't just pick stocks willy nilly this GCOM had been showing up in my work alot and I kept noticing what a nice little c hart it was and I observed it's ability to climb quite a few percentage points with little volume needed. Without that high volume sell off that indicates a trend change this could be a dangerous stock to exit. I only say that because I too am considering selling because it's so damn depressing to watch!

#17     Feb 13, 2007
  8. topdown

topdown

Stoney - Is that you with the 80,000 share block at $11.06 bid? What are you trying to do, take it all for yourself?

#18     Feb 22, 2007
  9. Topdown this stock is a Mexican standoff. I will guarantee you that if either of us steps away the thing will explode. It's just beguiling me and making me crazy all the more so because when I bought I had it matched up against another stock that has done 95 cents or so better...

I just look at it and I know I'm going to see one of these days "GCOM up 22% on Gov Contract!"

I probably won't make it past this time next week.
    I am a weak and immoral man. I have sinned. I have dreamed about sin. I have read the new Sports illustrated swimsuit issue I'm sorry for whatever I said
    to my wife about that 20 year old rookie model.

lets just move past that shall we and reward two loyal investors in GCOM who very much need to see a twelve print or they will jump off a freakin' elevated subway line.

#19     Feb 22, 2007
  10. topdown

topdown

I' don't claim to be a chartist, but I swear I see a Bull Flag forming on this thing. The large block on the bid today tells me there is good downside support and looks like someone wants to get in. I am holding for another week at least, it looks like it may take off any day now.

#20     Feb 22, 2007