GCI scam ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Leni, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Leni

Leni

Hi ,

I am new the forum . I have recenlty decide to invest all my money that i have inhereted into stocks. I am not living in the usa so I start looking for a trading broker and found GCI everything look ok and they have no comissions but after browsing through some forum I found a lot of clients that claim them to be a scam ...
    So can anyone recommed a good trading broker( daytrding online ) for stocks or give me some advice on how to find such ...
    THanks Guys
    :)

2. Leni

Leni

no traders here ?:confused:
    to give a bit of advice

3. Leni

Leni

thank you corn i will check them out ..well I couldn't quite understand if it was a real scam or it was mostly the forex scalp traders who didn't have actual ideia that their platform is so slow and lost money because of that ...
    how did you loose your money

4. Leni

Leni

:) thank you corn ..
    ( my spelling in english hase never been good ) ..
    I checked those two ..actually only IB is good for me as I want to trade stocks only ..
    I have quite good knowledge in the process of trading (since the start in 1.4 years made more than 90000$ , but not for me unfortutaley ( I trade on levarage and for other poeple ) ...so I finally wanted to start trading for my own but Have not much understanding of the levarege most sites offer and the comissions ..
    so far IB comission looks like nothing to me as to what I paid so far took 80 % of my profit ..
    May I trade ETFs and preffered stocks too?

5. Here are the brokers I deal with; they are all good; from least expensive to most expensive: Scottrade, TDAmeritrade, CharlesSchwab, & Fidelity. To get their website, just add a .com to the end of their names.

6. I had an account with GCI also at one point when I was starting out, before I knew what a bucket shop was. They did give my money back, but I was very displeased with the executions. I wrote a review about them in the broker section, funny how someone posted a few days later praising them????

DO NOT USE GCI!!!

TT

7. Leni

Leni

thank you guys will check them out.. do know by chance any other that use Blackwood Pro ?

8. Leni

Leni

Ptsemo Scottrade is only for us citizesn..