GC & CL live trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jfranco, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jfranco

jfranco

I will be entering trades with limit orders im looking to have a 30 tick profit goal per day.

I have to be trading with the trend, i avoid the big round #(100). I look for a breakout above major resistance or below major support. Than a swing high/low has to be indicated. After that i wait for price to pullback and test my slope trigger. After its tested i put a buy/sell stop 3 ticks above/below my swing high/low. Than im looking for momentum to be curling up from oversold or pointing down from overbought. Than increasing speed is my last concern i need to see big buyers/seller to confirm my entry using my pace of tape. I choose 1 to 1 tick ratio to avoid emotional trade management. I do get filled on my targets or on my stops very fast which is a good thing since the longer your in the markets the more risk you partake in.

1) Do post trades in Real time, including entries and exits (stops are optional*).
    2) Do provide market analyses, be they your own personal insights or breaking news.
    3) Do post charts, whenever possible, for visual analysis.

4) Don't post off-topic rubbish or nonsense.
    5) Don't get embroiled in flame wars: No personal attacks or inflammatory remarks are allowed.
    6) Don't preach how others should trade and refrain from condescension of any kind.

* Don't post unrealistic stops. Note that while nobody can accuse you of paper trading, your credibility as a trader will greatly diminish should you sit through a 20 point loss only to close out your trade flat

2. jfranco

jfranco

limit order long 105.48 on crude oil

10 tick stop 10 tick target

3. jfranco

jfranco

loss

4. jfranco

jfranco

limit order long 1433.6 to 4.6

10 tick stop 10 tick target

5. jfranco

jfranco

No trade since price never filled my entry order.

6. jfranco

jfranco

short crude limit order at 105 .43 to .33

10 tick stop

7. jfranco

jfranco

no trade i took my entry order off the table

8. jfranco

jfranco

long on crude limit order at 105.55 to .65

9. jfranco

jfranco