GBTC to trade at a discount to BTC this year?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Daal, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Daal

Daal

The premium to NAV seems to be stabilizing at ~10% lately, down from the craziness of 20-30%. But the big issue is that the Canadian ETF has been a big success so far I bet US envy will lead to a ETF this year.
    The SEC chief understands crypto and i dont think he's got any reason not to do it. Who will then want to hold this trust at 2% annual fees? The Canadian ETF has 1% fees and I bet the US one will have less, plus they track bitcoin perfectly which GBTC sometimes doesn't

GBTC dumpfest later this year?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Maybe GBTC could convert to an etf.

johnarb likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

A bitcoin etf should have made it to the market place years ago. There is absolutely no reason why it hasn't yet. Gbtc has grabbed billions being the closest thing to a bitcoin etf.

4. Overnight

Overnight

The SEC has been very nervous about it. Remember the Twinkletoe twins trying to start one a few years ago, and the SEC went nuh-uh? Once the SEC gets the idea that it is here to stay and folks from all stripes have interest, it will become approved as legit.

5. Daal

Daal

upload_2021-2-23_19-12-49.png

that was quick, probably drops more though

6. Lol yesterday it reached 19% discount to NAV, but it's guaranteed to go back to 0 if it gets converted to an ETF. It's a question of when the SEC will approve that, not if. There's no plausible consumer-protection argument to oppose the ETF conversion.

johnarb likes this.