GBPUSD Brexit washout

Discussion in 'Forex' started by athlonmank8, Dec 5, 2018.

1. pipeguy

pipeguy

Will rebound soon as soon as Brexit is resolved, its temporary calm I guess.

#31     Feb 25, 2019
  2. I agree

#32     Mar 3, 2019
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

You know it's going to take about 20years to fully resolve Brexit, then it'll bounce right back, agreed!

#33     Mar 3, 2019
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I too think it won't start climbing back up (in any significant manner) right after the UK finally leaves the EU.

#34     Mar 4, 2019
  5. pipeguy

pipeguy

Lol yeah, tug of war lingers but PM May looks quite decisive in her actions, for example offering special funds for regions which supported Brexit. Money solves all problems

#35     Mar 4, 2019
  6. The British pound was unchanged on Friday at the end of its best week since January, as investors waited for next week's parliamentary vote on Prime Minister Theresa May's deal to exit the European Union.

Sterling has rallied this week - it is up 1.7 percent against the dollar - after British lawmakers voted against leaving the EU without a deal and backed a delay to the March 29 exit date.

The vote against a no-deal Brexit was non-binding, but investors believe Britain will now avert a disorderly Brexit that would severely damage its economy.

May has said she will hold another vote next week on her deal, although lawmakers have already rejected it twice. She hopes to use the threat of a longer delay to Brexit to persuade eurosceptics in her party to back her.

#36     Mar 15, 2019
  7. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, the original post was right near the bottom for the pair. Market psychology!

#37     Mar 15, 2019
  8. pipeguy

pipeguy

They can't execute the will of the nation how those people can rule the country I wonder...Is this called democracy?

#38     Apr 1, 2019
  9. Sig

Sig

When "the people" insist on something impossible do you blame the people who can't perform the impossible. "The people" didn't want a hard brexit with the massive value destruction that entails, and all the Brexiters know it because they're terrified of having another vote now that the truth of what Brexit really means is clear.

#39     Apr 1, 2019