GBPUSD Brexit washout

Discussion in 'Forex' started by athlonmank8, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Sig

Sig

Hadn't heard if this angle yet, what's the name of the specific program (or other useful Google keyword)?

#21     Dec 11, 2018
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  2. Yeah me neither. Thats interesting

#22     Dec 11, 2018
  3. You never know for sure what’s going to happen next, especially long term, but my opinion is you can nail a quick trade off the back of short term momentum found on a chart, so who cares

#23     Dec 17, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Complete BS. UK kicked Abramovich out of the UK. Abramovich moved to Israel. Others will have to follow.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...abramovich-left-waiting-u-k-visa-amid-n875956
    The Treasury Department included billionaire Roman Abramovich on a list of Russian tycoons and politicians who are close to Vladimir Putin and could be the target of future sanctions. Abramovich is effectively banned from entering the UK until he can prove that his money is clean.

https://www.dailysabah.com/europe/2...in-london-are-spies-for-kremlin-report-claims

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    #24     Dec 17, 2018
  5. Sig

Sig

I don't think predicting the price of a currency pair nearly a month from now that is subject to almost unprecedented outside uncertainty, which is what I was responding to, could be termed a momentum play. I'd also argue that trading a currency pair that is currently subject to almost hourly huge moves based on real world political events is any kind of "momentum" play unless the word has an alternate opposite meaning I'm unaware of.

#25     Dec 17, 2018
  6. Oh, I only trade what’s happening here and now intraday and I’m usually flat or heged at night. When you catch a move from chart break just before it accelerates and get out half way through when everyone else is starting to pile in, that’s what I mean buy a momentum play.

#26     Dec 17, 2018
  7. Happy New Year, Everyone! As I type this, GBP/USD is up for the month of December, although only slightly. Nevertheless, it confirms the importance of trading what you see and trusting your methodology instead of speculating what people will do. Best wishes for 2019!

#27     Dec 31, 2018
    wwatson1 likes this.
  8. pipeguy

pipeguy

Thanks for instructive approach, I guess many algos work this way, but unfortunately it's not suitable for manual trading, we don't even need to try to prove that

#28     Jan 2, 2019
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

Amid the growing uncertainty of a hard Brexit just a month away traders are pulling away from the British Pound, because of the increased volatility of the currency.

And that is felt not only with the value of the pound, but also with the trading volume. Once the second most traded currency pair, now the GBPUSD trading volume has gradually shrunk to record low.

#29     Feb 25, 2019
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Amid the growing this is all bs and show, they want hard brexit and there trying to push it through while acting incompetent.

Being played, normal people going to suffer and they just don't care as long as they can make a few bucks :(

#30     Feb 25, 2019
    wwatson1 likes this.