Gbp.usd

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Osiris, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Wow, look at it move :)

I am up about 53 pips in a couple minutes
    -Kastro

#21     Jan 24, 2006
  2. OfmY

OfmY

Yeah, I've gone short @ 1.7850

#22     Jan 24, 2006
  3. 200meters

200meters

How the "miniFX account at Questrade" is going ?

:confused:

#23     Jan 24, 2006
  4. Osiris

Osiris

Thanks ach...took me a while to post...i got really burnt out with the FX. 24hrs is just killer for someone like me, i am a timid trader so i tend to watch my positions like a hawk, which doesn't always help me :)

illiquid...yeah, most people would probably think the way i was going to trade would be quite unrealistic or at least that it didnt make sense. But essentially I was getting an intermediate term (rough idea of the next couple weeks and months) from the daily chart....but I was not taking positions based purely on that. I was going to then get a feel for significant resistance, support, EMA levels etc on the daily chart. Nothing too clever really...but then I was going to use multiple short term periods (5min, 30min, and 1min) to wait for the "right" entry, that I considered to be the best risk reward. LOL...needless to say...this did not work as I had planned :(

Main problem was that I just couldn't make myself available for my best risk/reward places. Hahaha...in fact on Friday (Jan20/06) I was up from like 12:00AM to 4:00AM EST and then I got woken up again like 5 times from 4:30AM till 9:10AM EST because I had set price alerts in quotetracker....but the thing is i mostly trade stocks....so then i had to be up from 9:30AM till 1:00PM to trade :mad:

Finally i just shut off all my alerts and decided to take a break....I have been rethinking it lots...I am probably going to look at another market to do intra-day trading with.

But on the upside...IB is great...they had my account open in like 1day... and got my wire transfer in less than 24hrs :)

Questrade on the other hand.....i don't think they have even got my account open yet....it has been well over a week and nothing :( Quite disappointing really...but with IB...definitely get buttontrader...i cannot even figure out how to set a stop loss on the FX with IB...not sure if you even can. And it is very difficult...since you can't readily track your open positions in FX on IB...but excellent spreads that is for sure.

#24     Jan 24, 2006