gbp stopped out at 1.9151-59 after emloyment

Discussion in 'Forex' started by pbb, Nov 3, 2006.

1. 1.9155? pbb, you realize that qualifies as a new multi-year high in cable... Talk about outliers.

This might not be what you want to hear, but you don't want to trade the news -- especially something as market-moving as NFP -- on IB IDEALPro. In theory, sounds like a good idea; in practice, anything but. I speak from extensive first-hand experience.

Instead, consider using CME futures -- IB is fine, especially with a good front end (e.g., ButtonTrader) -- or an ECN like Currenex or Hotspot. Oanda (not an ECN) would also be a far better tool of choice for news trading than IB. The highest ask on Oanda around NFP today was only 1.91075 (not a typo), even with a briefly widened, 10-pip spread on cable.

#11     Nov 3, 2006
  2. pbb

pbb

Hi Late Apex,

I don't trade news, just swing trading. I do use brackets to protect my account. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being stopped out, I do mind that the prices are far from what is seen in the market ( keeping in mind that it is not regulated). For swing trading till now ideal pro has been great, this however is something that makes me wonder. CME-futures don't let me trade all pairs and is more comlpicated using moneymanagement/position sizing/account-allocation.

Gr. Pieter

#12     Nov 3, 2006
  3. I see. Well, that still leaves Oanda and ECNs to consider. I agree that you should file a claim promptly, regarding that significantly off-market fill. How that claim is handled will probably influence your choices, going forward.

I assume you know what to do... If you haven't already, immediately make a copy of your Audit Trail, as well as print out the relevant part; save your Trades window; save your charts; call Customer Service; file a Trouble Ticket online today; don't neglect to follow up systematically, as needed. Good luck.

#13     Nov 3, 2006
  4. IdealPro chart is showing 1.9127 as todays high.

#14     Nov 3, 2006
  5. pbb

pbb

Hi Businessman,

How do you get the proper charts from IB, I don't get the ideal pro prices on the chart. Other charts are no problem

Thanks,

Pieter

#15     Nov 3, 2006
  6. At 8:30 Am London is still trading unless you are talking about a different London :D.

And what I am referrring to is something i think Kathy Lien wrote about. US economic reports are still relevant to London.

Sorry to get off topic...

#16     Nov 3, 2006
  7. siki13

siki13

Maybe chart shows that but pbb is right.
    I was watching IdealPro during that time and for one second there was spike up around 1.9155
    Oanda did not have that spike.

#17     Nov 3, 2006
  8. misha7

misha7

WOW!
    I rarely post on any price complaints (i.e. no central exchange, depends on pricing of your market-maker, blah-blah) but this is way out of order.

Reuters high 1.9120 bid no way you could have been stopped out at 55.

Is this the famous IB "no dealing desk" ?

#18     Nov 3, 2006
  9. You need to select "Midpoint" price to generate a chart.

#19     Nov 3, 2006
  10. Surdo

Surdo

These still produce my favorite Fx charts.

#20     Nov 3, 2006