GBP/JPY trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ForexPro, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Using this retrace to get long again.

228.80 long tp 231.4 st 227.3

#11     Nov 30, 2007
  2. 5 pips.

short 228.80 st 230 tp 226

#12     Nov 30, 2007
  3. Damn right I take the simple view. That's why GBP/JPY is so easy to trade. Why would you want to take a complicated view? Price action says up I go long and collect. Price action says down I go short and collect. Nothing simpler or more profitable than that. To each thier own.

#13     Nov 30, 2007
  4. What do you mean price goes up I buy, price goes down i sell? If only it was that easy?

#14     Nov 30, 2007
  5. ssblack

ssblack

Thanks for your 3rd call, I faded it and made money. J/K :D

In all seriousness, this pair has been super simple to trade, especially the past two weeks. My only complaint is me not holding on to my targets, they've hit every time and I miss out on 30-40% of my winnings!

#15     Nov 30, 2007
  6. Good. I cant believe all the people who think Gbp/jpy is easy. The problem is the range. You have to be spot on with entries or you take a hit against you.
    If you are all so confident i welcome you to post your trades in realtime too.

#16     Nov 30, 2007
  7. I didn't say price I said price *action*. Big difference.

#17     Nov 30, 2007
  8. The range is what makes it easy for me. I'd post live trades but I'm automated - for the most part. I'm not interested in a pissing contest I'm just always interested in what makes others tick - especially those on the other side of my trades. :)

#18     Nov 30, 2007
  9. Interesting. I am therefore interested on who is on the otherside of my trades too. So you must just be putting your faith in a calculation/algorithm, whereas I try and have a fundamental picture to back up the charts.

#19     Nov 30, 2007
  10. ssblack

ssblack

Yeah, you won't catch me posting stuff, I'm in and out too quickly most of the time, but I have caught some big moves lately. Plus, it just doesn't do anyone good to get in a pissing contest, as the other poster said. Do what works for you, that makes money, and forget what anyone else thinks.

best,
    sb

#20     Nov 30, 2007