GBA Presents: THE GREEN MARKET

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Sep 13, 2021.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Good call Stoney!
    $117.61

#631     Sep 24, 2021
  2. Hey Van-->
    • TuSimple(NASDAQ:TSP)demonstrating its next-gen vehicle in Tuscon, Arizona on September 30.
    How does that jive with the lock up? Sorry for forgetting the date.

#632     Sep 25, 2021
    • Mon-All day -TotalEnergies(NYSE:TTE)holds a two-day investor event with updates on the company's energy outlook and strategy plan anticipated. Analysts are noting the increased pressure on TTE to highlight the renewable business through a minority listing if the company to help atttract ESG investors and accelerate the re-rating of its +7% dividend yield. Last year, shares of TotalEnergies rallied on the day of the event after the energy giant updated on its capital spending plans and cost reduction efforts.

• Tues All day -TotalEnergies(NYSE:TTE)holds a two-day investor event with updates on the company's energy outlook and strategy plan anticipated. Analysts are noting the increased pressure on TTE to highlight the renewable business through a minority listing if the company to help atttract ESG investors and accelerate the re-rating of its +7% dividend yield. Last year, shares of TotalEnergies rallied on the day of the event after the energy giant updated on its capital spending plans and cost reduction efforts.
    • On the call Cracker Barrel (CBRL) highlighted the impact of the dislocation in the labor market, with the restaurant industry facing particular trouble finding workers.
    • "Our primary focus has shifted to hiring more servers, to training the new employees we have hired, to retaining existing employees, and to building our staffing levels in anticipation of our seasonally higher second-quarter volumes," CEO Sandy Cochran said. "This past year was one of the most challenging in our more than 50-year history."

#633     Sep 25, 2021
    • The U.S. FDA hasextendedthe review period for Pfizer (NYSE:PFE)and OPKO Health's(NASDAQ:OPK)Biologics License Application (BLA) for somatrogon for the treatment of growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in pediatric patients.
    • OPKO Health shares fall more than 6% after market.
    Stupid reaction target population for this drug is 4,000. >>>>

Prediction: OPKO is sold this year!

• aTyr Pharma(LIFE-17.5%)has lost more than a tenth of its value to record the biggest intraday loss since July 2019, closely following its underwritten public offering that closed early this week.
    • Following the capital raise, the company also recorded its first insider transaction in nearly four months when the company director, Paul Schimmel, bought 250,000 company shares at a transaction valued at $2.0 million.
    • However, the stock continues to trade more than double the level it was a year ago, with overwhelmingly bullish recommendations from Wall Street analysts.
    • Seeking Alpha contributor Edmund Ingham with a bullish rating on aTyr Pharma(NASDAQ:LIFE), argues that the company should have a valuation of more than $500 million.
    • Despite more than 50% upside projected for the long-term, Ingham, however, prefers not to buy the stock at the current level.
    We have all of 75 shares I'm, basically test driving this name but I think we shall buy 175 or so on Monday. I want the position to be about 250.

#634     Sep 25, 2021

• Meanwhile, Wall Street has treated rival gym chain Xponential Fitness(NYSE:XPOF)like a 97-pound weakling ever since the company announced its IPO inlate June.
    • The company franchises nine different gym chains, from PureBarre to Club Pilates. Nonetheless, XPOF had todownsize its IPO's size, and the offering priced in July at abelow-range $12 a share.
    • The stock rose slightly during its first two session to hit $12.30, but has only lost muscle mass from there, with shares closing Thursday at $11.54 – 3.8% below their IPO price.
    Pure Storage to host analyst day 16:45 PSTG Hybrid Financial Analyst Day 2021 will be held in New York on September 28 at 1 pm. Webcast Link

new name in gaming-
    ZK International Group's (ZKIN) investee company MaximBet.com announced that it has secured market access in Ohio and Pennsylvania. After successfully launching in Colorado earlier this month, including achieving a record-setting number of bets on the opening weekend of the pro football season, MaximBet is quickly expanding its reach in avid sports markets across the U.S. and Canada. MaximBet's latest partnership will grant online sports betting access in Ohio. Separately, MaximBet will be gaining market access in Pennsylvania through Caesars Entertainment (CZR) in order to provide iGaming.

This s starting to get complicated... I think you buy MGM.

Jefferies analyst James Wheatcroft says taking a "middle-of-the-pack" takeout multiple for Entain's businesses outside the U.S. and putting a DraftKings multiple on its U.S. business implies a fair value of GBp 2,820 for Entain. The analyst points out that MGM Resorts made a proposal for Entain earlier this year and has accumulated more cash on its balance sheet since. He thinks investors "may thus expect competition" for Entain if a formal takeover bid from DraftKings materializes. Entain as a standalone company "has a long growth runway and would therefore attract a material premium," contends Wheatcroft. The analyst keeps a Buy rating on the shares with a GBp 2,335 price target. The analyst adds that antitrust issues "may be a concern" in any possible deal.

While a deal with Entain (GMVHF) would be complex, Sigdahl said any potential outcome of DraftKings' (DKNG) pursuit that he envisions would be "neutral to positive" for DraftKings and "unanimously negative for competitors." In a case where DraftKings acquires Entain, sells Entain's 50% BetMGM joint venture interest back to MGM Resorts and keeps the international assets and technology, he views it as a positive since it would be highly accretive and "immediately transform the company into a global online gambling leader." In a case where MGM outbids DraftKings for Entain, he would see that as positive for DraftKings since it would force a main competitor to significantly increase its acquisition cost. If DraftKings were to acquire Entain including the 50% of the BetMGM JV, it would be positive, but he doesn't think MGM would allow that to happen, Sigdahl added. He has a Buy rating and $70 price target on DraftKings shares.

So if MFM gets MGMBets back it's big for MGM.

If Draftking's can pull off the buy and sell MGM Bets to MGM it's HUGE for Drfatkings/

If Draftkings gets out bid for Entain by MGM it's good for Draftkings.
    Two of the three outcomes is good for Draftkings.<--------

#635     Sep 25, 2021
  3. Alright I'm off to Ct....

Next week should be exciting.

#636     Sep 25, 2021
  4. Message to self. Country better than city.

Volkswagen pulling ahead with EVs, could boost stock, Barron's says 08:40 VWAGY Shares of German car giant Volkswagen tumbled in the past three months over fears that production will be hurt by the global shortage in semiconductors that control the electronic brains of its vehicles, and by supply-chain problems that will delay its parts, Rupert Steiner writes in this week's edition of Barron's. The dip could be a good buying opportunity because optimism over VW's advances in manufacturing electric vehicles could boost sales and trim costs, the author notes. Reference Link

#637     Sep 25, 2021
  5. It's a little scary in that Li-Cycle is a former Spac and in the EV space obviously amd any earnings is at esast two full years away...

When you read the balance sheet it's unjustifiable.. yet for SPAc i hve to say allong with Mattaport I have never read such universal pat pn the backs.. Their method of recycling their ideas for car batteries everyone seems to like. What is the barrier to entry here-? I beieve TESLA has a dark op-- a company within a company developing this... Or they partnered up with someone to do this->Someone has to recycle these batteries!

Li-Cycle stock could surge along with EV sales, Barron's says 08:31 LICY The race has begun to supply the hundreds of millions of batteries it will take to power the electric-vehicle revolution and while most of that effort depends on mining materials like lithium, cobalt, and nickel, recycling will be a huge part of the battery supply, too, Avi Salzman writes in this week's edition of Barron's. Li-Cycle Holdings is already one of the leading recyclers of lithium-ion batteries, the author notes, adding that the company isn't yet profitable and may not be for at least two years, but analysts then to value it on projected sales.

Then why no revenue...

#638     Sep 25, 2021
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Didn't we have another one in the old, old thread?
    The one with the "ooze" in the picture. Wasn't it a penny stock?

#639     Sep 25, 2021
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Sometimes I don't give you enough credit Stoney.
    I was just looking for the 'ooze' stock and I came across a few gems...

And Entain way back in April.

But nothing is going to top this one lol....

:wtf::wtf:

Outgoing mailbox....

Dear SEC....

Regarding your letter dated 9/24/2021.... I do not know, nor have I ever met one "Mr Stoney" from ET.
    I have no idea how he posted that the day before CRM jumped 20%.
    Perhaps lookup the Merriam-Webster online definition of savant.

Respectfully yours and all of my love,
    VZ@ET

"I don't know you!!!"

:cool::thumbsup:

#640     Sep 25, 2021