GBA Presents: THE GREEN MARKET

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Sep 13, 2021.

1. janes

janes

ok here is my hot tip for the new thread. it's not going to make much sense unless you trade these things already, but on the chance anyone else here likes to trade custodials (bankrupt shells that are being cleaned up and merged into) on the OTC:

all major us brokers have stopped letting people buy no-info OTC stocks ahead of the September 28 deadline. It's part of a major SEC clean up of the OTC. however, if you have an international brokerage (like interactive brokers), you can still buy them. so for like a two-week window, it's you and the market makers who can pretty much buy as these stocks go on discount sales. after sept 28, the no info stocks are going to the grays, or the expert market, or whatever weird space they are going to send them. of course most of this stuff is junk, but a few of the custodial stocks are worthwhile purchases--people are rushing the paperwork to try to get them current for the deadline. i have an IBKR acct and so i've bought some, but don't have the time right now or the cash (or the risk appetite) to go crazy with it, but there is money to be made in this mess and someone is probably going to make a lot of it.

these SEC changes are bringing about the twilight of a good trade. custodials, when played right (and i was still learning), were good money.

#31     Sep 13, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. I think we can add PETCO.-- I have two of three triggers...

1->Petco added to 'SMID Focus List' at Citi, CVR Energy removed 06:37 WOOF, CVI Citi strategist Scott Chronert added Petco (WOOF) to the firm's "Value Creators SMID Focus List" while removing CVR Energy (CVI). Petco provides further exposure to consumer discretionary, a sector on "which we are increasingly positive," Zaccone tells investors in a research note.

2-->Chairman of Petco Health & Wellness (WOOF) Ron Coughlinn purchased 46,600 shares of company stock at $21.72 per share for a total transaction value of $1,012,152

3--->?

#32     Sep 14, 2021
  3. Sportradar 19M share IPO priced at $27.00 06:20 SRAD

There's another IPO coming that's a bit annoying to me. Brilliant Earth a millenial and X Gen place to buy engagement rings made of ethically sourced blah blah blah...

What irks me is these guy have a division that makes diamonds in the lab.

And as a former retailer myself their virtual inventory and everything is after the buy... Ayyyy.

Net income totaled $21.6 million,compared to a loss of $7.8 million in 2019.For the first half of this year,sales were up 77.7% to $163, with net income of $10.9 million.

“Our financial model is compelling: high net sales growth, substantial first order profitability, and attractive margins,” the company stated. “We are very capital efficient: Ourmade-to-ordercapabilities and virtual inventory model generate attractive inventory turns and negative working capital. Our performance in the first half of 2021 continues to demonstrate our ability to succeed in this market.”

Founded online in 2005, Brilliant Earth targets millennial and GenZ consumers.Through its “create your own” model, customers can choose their engagement ring design, precious metal type and ring size, and select their diamond or gemstone from the company’s marketplace.Overtwo-thirdsof its ring collection is available exclusively at Brilliant Earth.

The company said that it has served 370,000 customers through its e-commerce platform and 13 brick-and-mortar showrooms. Additional locations are in the works, including Austin and Dallas and its first location in New York City. Theoutposts operate on anappointment-based, inventory light model that offers one-on-onepersonalized interactionthat integrates with the company’s online experience.

Brilliant Earthhas applied to list its common stock on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “BRLT.”

Annoying shoe co coming as well--> Allbirds,

#33     Sep 14, 2021
  4. It's tough to decide which cart to put in front of which horse in the EV space. I thought it was the charging stations. Now I'm wondering is it the recycling of the huge batteries--

• Li-Cycle Holdings Corp.(NYSE:LICY)breaks higher after Morgan Stanley starts off coverage on the lithium-ion battery recycling player with an Overweight rating.
    • Analyst Adam Jonas notes that Li-Cycle aims to not only address the growing issue of end-of-life disposal of lithium-ion batteries, but to create a closed-loop supply chain for critical battery materials. "With its ability to process any battery regardless of chemistry, form factor, or size, we think Li-Cycle is well positioned to benefit from the mega trend of EV adoption through an ESG friendly process at a time when a domestic supply of strategic battery materials is increasingly under focus," he writes.
    • Jonas and team see electric vehicle battery recycling as likely to grow to a very large market with recurring revenues and significant government/policy support due to the environmental externalities and national security implications of mining/material sourcing. Li-Cycle's value proposition in the growing market is called compelling.
    • The firm assigns a price target of $15 to Li-Cycle (LICY). Shares of LICY are up 4.94% premarket to $8.49 in premarket action.
    • Li-Cycle attracted a bull call from BMO Capital last week.
    I know we are not going to do much ST trading here....

LICY--

#34     Sep 14, 2021
  5. Macau recovery hopes fade after COVID outbreak in Fujian

[​IMG]
    • There are bumps in the road for a recovery in Macau after a new COVID outbreak in the Fujian province of 22 new cases linked to a single traveler named Van.

#35     Sep 14, 2021
    • Lithia & Driveway(NYSE:LAD)added one of the top Honda stores in the Southeast, Curry Honda located in Chamblee, Georgia marking its first dealership in Georgia and its strategic location in the top-ten Atlanta market.
    • LAD also added to its Southwest network with the purchase of the number one Jeep volume dealer in California, YTD, Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat in Costa Mesa.
    • Together, these locations are expected to generate $320M in annualized revenue.
    • The addition of Curry Honda in the Atlanta metro area and Orange Coast Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat in Orange County, California brings LAD's total expected annualized revenue acquired in 2021 to $6.2B.
    • LAD is significantly ahead of its speed to exceed its 5-year plan, announced in July 2020, to reach $50B in revenue and $50 EPS.
    Woa! What Up Here... $6.2B added this year???? What up with this LAD? A car dealership on steroids?

#36     Sep 14, 2021
  6. These guys are the Thermo Electron of car dealerships-- they keep borrowing low and buying sales.. This is almost unstoppable.

LAD
    Lithia & Driveway
    $325.63

-5.77(-1.74%)

#37     Sep 14, 2021
  7. << WATCH >>

SRAD-

LAD-

WOOF-

LICY-

#38     Sep 14, 2021
  8. THE LIST-