GBA Presents: THE GREEN MARKET

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Sep 13, 2021.

• Thomas Lee, managing partner and the head of research at Fundstrat Global Advisors, said Monday that COVID-related concerns remain foremost in traders' minds this week, but that recent data suggest "good news on that front."
    • In an interview with CNBC, Lee pointed to statistics showing that 38 states out of 50 "have promising trends in COVID," suggesting to him that most areas of the country are seeing a peak in the Delta variant.
    • "Central to how investors make decisions today, it's a lot about the macro -- and the thing that dominates macro today is COVID," he said. "[COVID] affects central banks, policymakers and investor confidence."
    • Lee highlighted a consumer-confidence survey due out on Friday as another potential catalyst. He argued that the market was well-positioned for a "win-win" reaction to the data.
    • Lee contended that following a weak showing in last month's consumer-confidence report, a rebound in the latest numbers would suggest that the U.S. economy had passed a bottom in consumer attitudes.
    • However, he said another dip in confidence could also prove positive for markets, as it might delay the Federal Reserve's decision to begin removing its stimulus programs.
    • Lee has been a vocal near-term bull for U.S. equities. Previously,he predicted an "everything rally" that would last into the end of the month.
    Tom Lee has been my go to guy on market direction. And my own sources in the HF community have been telling me the same thing... Don't sell some news is about to turn everything back up, news of the virus abating. I know this is entirely against everything we see on TV. These 2 weeks here are huge. Bell curve turns over and market over reacts Up.

#11     Sep 13, 2021
  1. What happens when two mysterious Honeywell jets land at your company.
    One of the great stories last week was the spotting of these HON well jets at Hexel HQ.

It is up to us to guess but they are probably talking buyout. HXL is a good company in it's own right that has lagged it's peers-- It's ripe. I am close to adding but Van talked be out of it last week.

Hexcel Corporation (HXL)
    NYSE - Nasdaq Real Time Price. Currency in USD

$57.65+2.04 (+3.67%)<-------------
    As of 10:56AM EDT.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    #12     Sep 13, 2021
  2. Zymeworks Inc. (ZYME)

$33.85+1.45 (+4.48%)<------------
    As of 10:59AM EDT.

#13     Sep 13, 2021
  3. I want to go LONG IMAX here.... I've been watching/ lurking.

IMAX Corporation (IMAX)

$16.36+1.00 (+6.55%)<---------
    As of 11:00AM EDT.

#14     Sep 13, 2021
  4. Van... Give up on FNKO? And switch into IMAX?

#15     Sep 13, 2021
  5. THE LIST-

(YOU)-$43.50

(IMAX)-$16.30

(HXL)-$58

#16     Sep 13, 2021
  6. Gordon Haskett says three Honeywell jets spotted near Hexcel HQ 10:01 HXL, HON Gordon Haskett's head of event-driven research, Don Bilson, said in a note to investors earlier that the firm's corporate jet tracking system picked up a Tuesday flight that Honeywell (HON) made to Lyon, France, where he notes Hexcel (HXL) "has a big presence." Then, that jet "apparently flew to New Haven, which is about as close as you can land to [Hexcel] headquarters in Stamford," said Bilson in his note to investors. In addition, two other Honeywell jets arrived in New Haven yesterday, meaning he identifies see three Honeywell jets in Connecticut at the same time and in close proximity to "a company that we have thought for years would be a good fit" for the company, calling the development "interesting." While "one partial explanation" could be that Honeywell's aerospace president is scheduled to present at a Vertical Research conference in Westbrook, Bilson question "does that explain all three of these planes?"<-----

#17     Sep 13, 2021
  7. VAN These are my 4 but I have to sell stuff to get in // right now just in ZYME.

ZYME-

IMAX-

HXL-

YOU-

#18     Sep 13, 2021
  8. Just keep an eye on the Uranium spot price. That goes flat, these go flat. They need power plants to start signing contracts and locking in prices. There is no news of that yet. Uranium goes over 50 a pound and all of these will explode for a double from here. No news soon, a pullback is imminent.
    I laughed at your assessment of Dominoes. It is the equivalent of cardboard with ketchup on it. How in the hell is it still in business?
    A green stock I love to hate, CLNE. Been in and out of it for years. The MF'ER just won't move, although moving today. If price holds I'll buy the breakout. If Dominoes is 500, CLNE should be 50000. Evidently the market Gods like shitty pizza and hate a solid company with solid contracts in a growing market.

#19     Sep 13, 2021
  9. 15.5 million shares traded during the first four hours in CCJ, on a red bar. That's 3.5 million more than the green bar volume on Friday. Could be a breather or beginning of a pullback. Decent near term support at 23. It falls below that say hello to the teens again. Need news to keep the rally. See what it does at the close. It has been running back up into the close previously. Can it repeat? My guess, no

#20     Sep 13, 2021