GBA Presents: RADIO SAVANT-!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, May 13, 2022.

1. My wife just made me an old fashioned - strong drink. wow. Those bitters give it a kick.

U.S. drilling rigs spike to eighth straight weekly gain

[​IMG]

Active drilling rigs in the U.S. rose for the eighth consecutive week, adding 9 to 714<-----

#71     May 13, 2022
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

I had a feeling that one would get resolved pretty fast with the press this has been getting.

Abbott is a class act company... it was probably some sawed off little caesar type from OSHA that spotted a fire extinguisher that didn't have the current inspection tag on it and the plant manager got snooty with them.
    "We'll show you" said the Caesar.
    Or something stupid like that.

Like I said, Abbott is a class act.
    Whatever it was, rest assured it was bs.
    They have been making baby formula forever.
    It's trusted around the world.
    Joe made a few calls and whatever they did wrong allegedly, I can promise that plant will be up and running 3 shifts by this time next week.

Abbott's a good stock Stoney. Will we see $140 again this year? Naaaa.
    But grannies around the world love it.
    Use the DRIP, they've never not raised their dividend in like a 100 years.

#72     May 13, 2022
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

:rolleyes:
    Wtf are bitters (?)...Biff.

#73     May 13, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

It's an ingredient you add to a cocktail to adjust the taste. Think of hops for beer? Maybe a better analogy is adding a lime to the neck of your Corona Beer.

#74     May 13, 2022
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Lol, yeah I know. My sarcasm alludes you.

"I'll have a Knob Hill straight up... and can you put some bitters in there for me? My BMW convertible is double parked and I gotta run, so make it snappy.
    Chop chop."

We can give Mrs Stoney a pass I suppose.

Keyword there... :"Biff". As in Buffy and Biff.

#75     May 13, 2022
  6. Overnight

Overnight

No, your entire countenance eludes me. You are unique.

#76     May 14, 2022

7. SAT UPDATE-

I am heading real quick to Ct to check on a White Flower Farm delivery.

Most people I talk to say we have to go lower- I don't see why.

There is a huge irony developing that nobody understands.. the real problem is LACK OF WORKERS & this will show up huge over the Summer. It was a problem last summer (big) I actually ran into this situation myself as my wife and I opened a pop up store in Ct and nobody wanted to work. That left my wife to work and the pop up- popped closed.

Look at the next 5 years-- what has to happen -- well it's a shit ton more technology right?
    It's MORE ROBOTS<------- and more AI<----------

So as the market particularly punishes tech stocks... we ought to keep in mind that the use of tech to counter the lack of workers will only soar over the next 5 years and we should be buying certain names-- If only we could hold them that long.

One last thing-- I've been the first in print to say this but now I am starting to finally here some educated folk agree-- The Fed must at some point move the goalposts -- rather than a 2% target for inflation, the Fed must admit a new era of higher inflation is upon us-- and the Target for the fed should be 3%-3.5%. Timing is tricky but once we get firmly beneath 5%-6% the Fed must do this.

#77     May 14, 2022
  8. We need to talk Booster shots next week who is getting one?

Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) and BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX) announced an agreement with the European Commission on Friday to push back their originally contracted timeline for COVID-19 vaccine shipments as the 27-member bloc prepares to introduce variant adapted vaccines.

variant adapted vaccines.<--- Wouldn't a variant adapted Booster be better?

#78     May 14, 2022
    #79     May 14, 2022
  10. She's still got it!

#80     May 14, 2022