gays

Discussion in 'Politics' started by olias, Apr 8, 2010.

1. olias

olias

You are incredibly ignorant. The gay people I know are happy beyond the vast majority of straight people I know. That's the truth. People are as happy as they make their mind up to be. Think about it. And being gay is not 'killing them'. LOL!

#41     Apr 9, 2010
  2. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Indeed it does.

It is unfortunate but true. The ignorant however exist on both sides of the fence.

#42     Apr 9, 2010
  3. Indeed ... as darkness makes it hard to see.

#43     Apr 9, 2010
  4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Yep.

God hates the sin, but still loves the sinner.

#44     Apr 9, 2010

5. Not regarding the simple truth of this issue.
    I understand you have your opinion on the issue.
    I accept that.

I care about people too much to watch death overtake them without making an effort to help.
    That is my opinion and stance and I have stated it exactly as I see it.

People remain free to choose.

A very dear friend of mine, as a child, was satanically ritually abused.
    In his late teens he fell into the homosexual lifestyle.

Both critical events are related and both messed him up a lot.

He contracted HIV

I dearly loved this friend ... and continue to miss him.

#45     Apr 9, 2010
  6. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Just trying to simplify it for you. My first question is pretty straightforward and nowhere did I even mention the word MAN.

#46     Apr 9, 2010
  7. :)

Now that was funny! It didn't occur to me how inane his comment was.

Kass, it's interesting to consider which comes first, ignorance or religious belief. Of course, religion's high priest/CEOs need the believers to refrain from asking questions. If they start to gain knowledge, it inevitably leads to questions, especially when the premises of the argument you're selling (literally) are so absurd. Keep them ignorant and paying into the church.

I've often wondered if there's a correlation between low raw IQ and religious belief, something that would seem to be an inescapable conclusion if you go by what we see here. However, there must be some believers out there who are of average intelligence at least, so I'm not sure about that one.

Does lack of education and lack of a properly developed faculty of critical thinking breed a Believer? In other words, does ignorance breed religious belief? Certainly ignorance as measured in this way could be seen as a precursor to religious belief. If you''re educated, you could hardly believe something so patently absurd as 'The Earth is 6,789 years old', which, by the way, is what peilthetraveler believes. I don't mean he means this metaphorically. I mean he believes this literally. You have to still your mind and take a deep breath before considering how ignorant someone would have to be to believe something like this. It is literally incredible.

#47     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Aggressive? Not at all. Merely uninformed. My earlier characterization is the current thinking on how the eye evolved. I have no idea what you and your four-eyed tiger are talking about.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KP3AY0iHEUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KP3AY0iHEUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#48     Apr 9, 2010
  9. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

lol - You Tube! Scientific proof at its finest! I wouldn't expect you to. My 4 eyed tiger has more logic than your 4 eyed drag queen there!

Just because a 'scientist' says it's so, doesnt mean it is so. There are other more credible scientists that have proven Darwin didn't get it quite right.

100's of years ago, scientists of the day believed the world to be flat.

Taking what any scientist says to be true is ignorant in my opinion. Remember Imclone? The CEO was a scientist with Phd

#49     Apr 9, 2010
  10. there's a thing called punctuated equilibrium advanced by the late Stephen Jay Gould it suggests that various epochs,
    catastrophes and non-periodic environmental occurences influenced anamolies in any apparantly regular advancements in evolution.

#50     Apr 9, 2010