gays

Discussion in 'Politics' started by olias, Apr 8, 2010.

1. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Which evolved first and HOW did it work without the others, and HOW LONG did it work without the others? The digestive system, the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to find and eat the food, the digestive juices, or the body’s resistance to its own digestive juice (stomach, intestines, etc.)?

#31     Apr 9, 2010
  2. Right .....the stomach and digestive system didn't evolve until
    man was fully evolved. Nice try. :D

#32     Apr 9, 2010
  3. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Wrong. EDIT... I'm not necessarily asking about man (as we now exist) in particular. I'm asking about the things that existed before the life that exists as we now know it.:D

#33     Apr 9, 2010
  4. olias

olias

The subject of evolution always interested me because I thought I was leaning about God's handiwork. To see the diversity of life and the amazing adaptations that life-forms have taken to survive in their eco-systems ...I had a sense that the process could only be driven by an intelligence. It's still a concept that interests me. Probably something I'll struggle with til I die. For me, the question of 'God' goes hand in hand with my understanding of evolution. If science can show that evolutionary processes take place naturally without a need for an intelligent driving force, then I'm inclined not to believe in God.

disclaimer: my concept of 'God' (if it exists) is not the simple 'old man in the sky' notion. I can hardly describe what it means to me, but basically I'm just talking about an intelligence that is responsible for creation. I don't believe that anyone could hope to know anything more about 'God' than that. I think people make the mistake of hearing 'I believe in God' then they automatically assume 'oh, you believe in an old, bearded man who lives in the sky and helped Moses part the Red Sea...'. Then they start making fun of all of those old traditional views on God. It's a big reach to assume all of those things just because someone says they 'believe in God' and it really doesn't help further the debate.

#34     Apr 9, 2010
  5. olias

olias

I think you're going to have to try harder. 'no parent hopes to have a homosexual child'. For the sake of winning the argument I won't fight that statement, but to say they are 'hurt' by it? Not in all cases. Seriously, you know there are a lot of parents out there nowadays that don't mind in the slightest. I have a friend who falls into that category. And what if a parent has a child who is born with Muscular Dystrophy....no parent wants that right? That makes the child evil or wrong or bad?

'the give each other HIV'----well, so do straight couples. are they wrong too?

'anal sex'----so do straight couples. If you really think it's wrong you should attack anal sex itself, both straight and gay. I guess women are off the hook on this one.

what if a gay couple does not engage in anal sex? Just oral! LOL sorry to get graphic but at least I'm not talking about 'feces and urine'. But this is an honest question. But you know and I know you would still have a problem with any man who likes men, whether they act on it or not. You think that makes them bad people, and I just don't think that makes any sense. Wait, what if the penis is small and there is no risk of injuring the anus?! would it be ok to be gay then? I mean let's really get down to the nitty gritty of what makes it wrong and maybe we can address that specifically

#35     Apr 9, 2010
  6. You shouldn't be using the word wrong when you apparantly
    can't formulate the question you think you want to ask.

#36     Apr 9, 2010
  7. Evil is Evil
    Good is Good
    Life is Life
    Death is Death
    Gravity is Gravity
    Sowing produces reaping.

Keep it simple ... keep it real.

Gays aren't .... "Gay as in happy" ...
    They are sad dejected and down people who have a very short miserable life expectancy, on the whole.

Not realizing that simple truth is error.
    Homosexuals are deviants who reap what they sow as everyone reaps as they sow.

They take it up the ass so to speak much faster and reap destruction in their bodies much sooner, on the whole.

Love them, pray for them, and help them escape their deceived deviant bondage ...
    but for Gods sake don't support what is killing them.
    Don't be deceived. Agreement and support for evil makes you guilty of the same.

#37     Apr 9, 2010
  8. olias

olias

I agree, 'Christianity is a long way off from how it should be'. One prime example is the Christian tendency to vilify and hate gay people. But there are other ways. Also, you are right on with prayer. Most people think prayer is basically asking God for favors. I like the line in 'The Shadodlands' when CS Lewis tells his colleague 'prayer doesn't change God. It changes me'.

#38     Apr 9, 2010

9. Looks like its going to take awhile. Cryogenics anyone?

#39     Apr 9, 2010
  10. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Actually, this is quite incorrect.

Scientists have shown that what in fact happens is that a mutation suddenly appears. e.g. a tiger with 4 eyes. If those eyes help it to hunt and become the alpha male, then the 4 eye gene mutation becomes dominant over the 2 eyed gene in tigers. This extra set of eyes doesnt simply evolve over 100's millions of years from 'over sensitive fur' or the like.

I dont mean to be rude, but many of you seem to be arguing from a Darwinian stand point when:
    a/ Some of you dont seem to understand evolution or the theory
    b/ Are arguing against something you clearly know little about, with arguements you know even less about!

I hope that doesnt seem too aggressive.

#40     Apr 9, 2010