gays

Discussion in 'Politics' started by olias, Apr 8, 2010.

1. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Building on this idea, I guess the scientists could mathematically PROVE the existence of God. I mean what are the probabilities of creation and life happening to any degree of certainty through mixing sunlight, carbon and what ever other 'essential' elements we have decided life is dependant upon? Even if they were to calculate such a figure, surely that figure itself would be so minute that it would in it's own way prove Gods existence.

Science still has no answer for what started/ignited big bang.
    Scientists still have no understanding on how life was 'ignited'
    Scientists still have no proof of evolution, and there is still that missing link between man and apes. It's still a theory.

On the issue of dinosaurs, maybe there is an explanation? The bible does say that creatures - livestock, birds etc were created before man, and we were given dominion over them. However, the tripping point for me is the whole 6 days of world creation thing. But perhaps 'a day' isnt supposed to be taken as literally as 24 hours? Perhaps it just refers to a unit of time? Im not a philosopher.

#11     Apr 9, 2010
  2. stu

stu

the probabilities of creation and life happening to any degree of certainty through mixing sunlight, carbon and what ever other 'essential' elements we have decided life is dependant upon.....

....are altogether demonstrably probable......

So what are the probabilities of creation and life happening from an indefinite, contradictory, irrational, imaginary, delusional superstition called God ?

#12     Apr 9, 2010
  3. Scientists are not even close to understanding any of those theories. They come up with all sorts of crazy dark matter stories, unproven speculative theories on other universes and crazy things like that...but mention God and they are 100% sure that he didnt create the universe.

Child: How did life begin?

Scientist: I have no idea whatsoever....but I know God didnt do it!

wtf?

#13     Apr 9, 2010
  4. God did it ofcourse, it has been obvious since centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth

#14     Apr 9, 2010
  5. stu

stu

yeah, exactly wtf are you talking about ...

If the universe needs a God to create it, a God needs one too .

Even a child knows that.

#15     Apr 9, 2010
  6. You are so incredibly ignorant it is astounding.

By the way, an eye wasn't created by randomness. It's called natural selection.

#16     Apr 9, 2010
  7. olias, you should know that peilthetraveler actually admitted a few years ago that at one point in his life, he thought that he might be gay. I don't have the link at the moment but I'll try to find it. A lot of people like peilthetraveler who pretend to be very anti-gay are men who actually have had some homosexual thoughts themselves, but because of early brainwashing, they came to believe that those thoughts were 'evil'. They can't handle the thoughts they're having so they lash out. peil is also a religious extremist so we know he was brainwashed as a young man.

#17     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Religion takes any gap in scientific knowledge and says "See! Since science can't explain (insert gap in scientific knowledge here), it must be because it was god!"

But the gap is only temporary, and will one day be closed.

#18     Apr 9, 2010
  9. +1

Who created god?

#19     Apr 9, 2010

10. That always trumps ...right into a cul de sac. The great equalizer.

#20     Apr 9, 2010