Gay rights supporter shoots up FRC because they are a "hate" group.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Kudos to the guard who wrestled the gun out of the gay's hand and manhandled him to the floor, after getting shot in the arm.

Shame we can't implement some Old Testament justice..... there were more than two witnesses.

#31     Aug 17, 2012
  2. stu

stu

Yes I disagree with you, and I might just as well say freedom from religious belief is protected under the 1st as much as you say religious belief is protected.

First, the catholic school was being intolerant, THEN it might well be argued whether they should be allowed (why did you mention the word illegal because I didn't) to personalize, verbally abuse and upset children in their care just because they are a private religious school and have some discriminatory predjudices as beliefs.
    It seems to be a very queer argument of yours to be saying that objecting to intolerant speech is itself being intolerant. My opinion is your priorities here are somewhat out of kilter.

#32     Aug 17, 2012
  3. Let's see how that logic holds up with other amendments.

Do you think freedom FROM the press is a protected right? (I.E. could bernie madoff have said "I dont want you to write about me under my freedom FROM the press belief"?

Women have the right to vote under the amendments...do you think you should have freedom FROM women voters that if you are a political candidate you can say "I dont want the womens votes to count"?

We also have the freedom of assembly. Does that mean that if people are assembling you have freedom FROM them assembling and can have those people removed?

See how your logic falls apart. You DONT have freedom from religion. That is not a right. If you dont want to listen to us, YOU have to move away from us, we DONT have to move away from you.

#33     Aug 17, 2012
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Zero question you never EVER fathom shooting someone over their beliefs. I have used a firearm in combat, and once as a police officer. The ONLY reason to EVER kill another human being is when you are either in war-ordered to do it-or when you have NO doubt you will be maimed or killed if you don't use deadly force against an attacker.

The problem we have now imo is zero respect for one another, no consequences (with the typical "excuses,") and it stands out loudly.:(

#34     Aug 17, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Isn't though, although I was thinking something a little more medieval.

#35     Aug 17, 2012
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

My Dad is a Pastor. When I listen to his sermons, which is kinda weird being his son lol, no question we need Old Testament values reinstated into our society. Never thought I'd actually agree with my Dad. Help! Lol!:D

#36     Aug 17, 2012
  7. You think you are protected FROM religious belief at a church stu? lol

the Amendment:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

For the last time, THEY WERE AT A PRIVATE RELIGIOUS SCHOOL. They didn't seek the students out, the students attend their institution. By the way like Peil said above, if a religious group were to peaceably assemble in a public place, and preach against gay marriage because homosexuality is immoral (to them), the law allows for that. I fucking hate OWS and they have damaged private property and they have committed acts of violence, but they had the right to assemble, didn't they. So no you aren't protected FROM religious belief except on YOUR private property, and through separation of church and state, protecting us from religion based legislation.

My priorities are out of kilter? Their property, their institution, their belief. You said in that thread that they shouldn't be ALLOWED to do what they did. If you don't mean illegal what the hell do you mean.. who is gonna stop them if it isn't illegal?

I did not call their speech intolerant, you did. Intolerant would be them promoting or committing acts of violence against gay people. Just stating their belief is not intolerant, preventing them from saying it is. Sorry I can't make it any more simple for you.

#37     Aug 17, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

WTF?

#38     Aug 17, 2012
  9. dcvtss

dcvtss

These values?

"Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:16-18)

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

#39     Aug 17, 2012
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

If you want to argue interpretation, we can. But there are much more important IMO things to focus on right now. For example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v8sKyulEWdY

#40     Aug 18, 2012