Gay marriages

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alfonso, Aug 5, 2003.

1. I have another question too, which to me seems somewhat related to this whole web of questions on sexual moralities and how we instill them in children.

I just got a recording of the Spice Girls who I knew of but never really heard other than "tellmewhatyouwantwhatyoureallyreallywant . . . "

Now, it was 5 or 6 years ago already that they were at their peak of popularity. It seemed one of their largest (if not largest) base of fans was with young girls age 6 to 12, who used to be brought to their concerts by parents. Now, those 6 to 12 year olds are 11 to 18.

My point is that listening to the songs of the Spice Girls I can hear that they are extremely "adult" themed, songs with heavy sexual emphasis. What were parents thinking encouraging their pre-teen daughters to listen to this stuff??? How surprised are these parents likely to react when they discover that their daughters are engaging in sexual behaviors at very young ages?

What a strange society we live in these days.

#11     Aug 5, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

wow.... This kid must have been molested or something. A child growing up needs love lots of love.... Besides just because parents are straight does not necessarily mean that child will be taught good values.....But I hear ya....

#12     Aug 5, 2003
  3. I'll share my ignorance, and welcome you to share your enlightenment to perhaps erode my ignorance if you may. How would that be then.

#13     Aug 5, 2003

4. What I'd like db, is some proof, or, at the very least, very, very strong evidence that homosexuality is an unavoidable personal characteristic -- rather than simply letting that become the de facto point of view on the subject.

So, you have something to share?

Oh, and it doesn't have to be "learned" for it to "develop", either.

And, lastly, whether it is or isn't simply isn't central to the discussion, so if you plan to snow me with some jargon-heavy literature on the matter, maybe better to start your own thread.

#14     Aug 5, 2003

5. Oh please.

You know, I can virtually guarantee two things when discussing faggots. 1) I'll be called a "homophobe" and 2) it'll be said I've been molested.

A child does need lots of love, no doubt about that, but it also needs -- if the experiences of the past 10,000 years are to count for anything -- motherly love.

But, if you're a faggot loving liberal, you can always choose to close your eyes to historical norms and promote your own, has-to-be-right-no-chance-of-being-wrong, vision of paradise down every else's throat.

#15     Aug 5, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you're going to use perjorative terms, being called a homophobe should not come as a surprise to you.

As for motherly love, there are many cultures in which the village raises the young, not just the birth mother. Over the last thirty years, of course, our young haven't been raised by anybody, which is a sociologist's dream.

#16     Aug 5, 2003
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

It just seems you may be a little to angry of the idea of same sex marriages/parents.... When in fact you should be worrying about how good your marriage is and how good of a father you are... Motherly love my ass, many single male parents fill those shoes if need be. You are assuming that being parents of the same sex deteriorates how good they can raise that child....WHERE IS THE PROOF OR STUDY TO BACK that assumption up.....

Most same sex parents adopt their kids ( from heterosexual parents who have neglected them ), surely that must be better than being raised by lets say THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT orphanage system...

#17     Aug 5, 2003

8. Yeah exactly. And look at the problems with children being raised in one parent families. It's not just motherly love, it's being raised in a healthy family environment that breeds good kids. And without a mummy and daddy -- you guessed it -- you don't have a "healthy family environment".

Most same sex parents adopt their kids ( from heterosexual parents who have neglected them ), surely that must be better than being raised by lets say THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT orphanage system...

Oh, really? They adopt them? Gee whizz, I never knew that! :)

I'll have to check my facts, but I don't believe there's a lack of willing adoptee parents out there. And even if there was, that doesn't change that I still believe it's not a good idea for kids to be raised by gay couples.

#18     Aug 5, 2003
  9. msfe

msfe

#19     Aug 5, 2003
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

There are bad kids from all walks of life ( gay parents, no parents, good parents, drug abusive parents ) and vice versa....whats your point...like i said (you are assuming) because it is your belief that being gay parents deterioates from being a good parent ...Once again i ask for THE STUDY OR PROOF to back your belief or assumption up...

And there are other forms same sex parents have babies that are not thru adoption....

You are debating this issue from a strong belief you have not from a scientific point or from a study point...so once again whats your point..that you hate FAGGOTS??

I may not like them myself....but that doesnt make them a bad parent or person.....peace

#20     Aug 5, 2003