Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Actually it use to be classified as a mental illness until modern professionals crumbled to political pressure.....that said, I have gay friends and I belive they should not be abused or discriminated against.....but here's something I don;t understand:

why do 85-90% of gay men in America also talk with a lisp? Why would you fake a speech impediment if what you are doing is so normal?????:confused: What if all heterosexual men walked with a limp???? is that normal?

#21     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Dude, you are cracking me up.

Why do Italian women have lots of hair on their body? Does it mean they descended from apes?

Why do guys that go to Harvard talk in an affected nasal tone?

Why did old comedians like uncle Miltie often dress up in drag?

Why did Bush Sr. talk like a Texan when he was from Connecticut?

#22     Feb 12, 2004
  3. TM
    How many gay bars did you have to frequent in order to come out with that statistic. :D

#23     Feb 12, 2004
  4. Are you saying its a lower %?????? Im trying to figure out why a person who spoke normally for 25 years....comes out of the closet at 26...and by 27 suddenly has a 'lisp"??? Happened to a guy i worked with and we couldn't;t figure it out???...you have to admit, its a very high %

#24     Feb 12, 2004
  5. I think that we should pass another law. Make it against the law for people who have affected mannerisms to buy tennis shoes.:mad:

#25     Feb 12, 2004
  6. part may be to further overall acceptance of the lifestyle by giving it a government stamp of approval, making it seem alternative rather than prohibited, etc. also, there are issues related to taxation, inheritance, adoption, health and retirement benefits, etc. that are denied to a class of people solely due to their sexual orientation, which they feel is unconstitutional. this argument has merit - and as said above, a good solution might be to remove government from the marriage incentive business altogether.

on the other side its easy to see why those that consider homosexuality a sin would see this as a mockery of marriage. also, it may open new possiblities for abuse - such as business partners marrying to take advantage of tax benefits, social security benefits, etc.

#26     Feb 12, 2004

7. Big difference between a mannerism like talking with your hands and developing a speech impediment......In understand clothing, earrings and other symbolism ect.....but lisping??? why not just stutter??:D

#27     Feb 12, 2004
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Just a weird note.

My Mom who must hold the record for having the most gay friends as a straight person....said she is against gay marriage.

Me I am for it. It is a sign of love to be married, so go for it!

Bob would rather not think about it. At all. :)

#28     Feb 12, 2004
  9. TM
    You should count your blessings. You are obviously living in a very genteel place. Here at the beach it works like this.

You go to the post office and the postman grabs his genitalia.
    You go to the paint store and the guy hands you your paint and grabs his crotch.

You go for your physical and the doctor grabs his balls and asks you if you are married.

You go to your wife's sister's funeral and the preacher grabs his balls.

No I am not living in keywest!:mad:

#29     Feb 12, 2004
  10. OH....You live at Michael Jackson's Neverland????:p

#30     Feb 12, 2004