Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Feb 12, 2004.

1. People are very uptight about gay marriage.

We have a 50% failure rate among straight marriages.

We have over 50% reporting that they have affairs outside of marriage.

Don't you think the straight people should get their lives together before they condemn gay marriages?

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

we live in diffrent times....business week had a great issue on marriage and our times...."UNMARRIED AMERICA" couple of months ago....marriage will not be the norm down the road...

anyways as far as gay marriages....I couldnt care less...as long as its a true marriage and not for tax benefits of any kind.....

3. A simple solution to the problem is to abolish all marriages and the tax breaks that go with them. I'ed love to see the statistics for people living together out of wedlock versus those living together under a marriage contract. I would bet that those living together without a marriage contract are a lot happier.

Other solutions to this problem of marriage is the stigma of being born out of wedlock and the stigma of being married 5 times like my niece has. It would also reduce the murder rate in this country as well.:D

4. Its high time to do away with the whole idea of marriage, as it relates to government.

Marriage needs to be kept in the church, and out of the tax payers pocket.

5. left is right..

and right is wrong

:p

6. If two chicks want to get married, let them. If two homosexual men want to get married, let them. What is the problem? Who cares? What goes on in someone else's house is their own business -- why would I or any other person have the right to tell them what to do in the privacy of their own home?

Why is the integrity of our country always being balanced on such things as gay marriage rights, ten commandment statues and Janet Jackson's tit?

What the hell is our problem? Why can't we just let people live their own life without some conservative pushing his nose in their business telling them what they can and can't do?

If some guy wants to get another guy up the ass while smoking a joint then more power to them. I might not like taking it up my ass, but a joint is nice once in a while.

Different strokes for different folks. Get the hell out of my life and I'll get the hell out of yours. Just don't steal my stuff or kill anyone and we'll all live nice little lives the way we see fit. Everyone go to work and put in a good eight hours, get paid and then whatever the hell you want to do on your time is your own damn business, so long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's good times.

If you're doing it in your house, have at it.

7. exactly.

marriage and government should have nothing to do with eachother. if you want to get married, go ahead and do it at your church. the government shouldn't care or give you a tax break because of it.

8. Unless they are good looking and let me watch! :D

9. Im for gay marriages , if for no other reason then to get Longshot and Gordo together finally...Congratulations you two!!:D :D

10. Do we really need a law banning a 79 and 83 year old couple from getting married that have been together for 51 years?

San Francisco Officials Marry Gay Couple

Email this Story

Feb 12, 2:57 PM (ET)

By LISA LEFF

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - In a political and legal challenge to California law, city authorities officiated at the marriage of a lesbian couple Thursday and said they will issue more gay marriage licenses.

The act of civil disobedience was coordinated by Mayor Gavin Newsom and top city officials and was intended to beat a conservative group to the punch.

The group, Campaign for California Families, had planned to go to court on Friday to get an injunction preventing the city from issuing marriage licenses to gay couples.

Longtime lesbian activists Phyllis Lyon, 79, and Del Martin, 83, were married just before noon by City Assessor Mabel Teng in a closed-door civil ceremony at City Hall, mayor's spokesman Peter Ragone said. The two have been a couple for 51 years.

Ragone said that beginning at noon, officials would begin issuing marriage licenses to any gay couples applying for one.

#10     Feb 12, 2004