Gas true cost $.65 gal wholesale 6/10/08

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limitdown, Jun 12, 2008.

1. stupid is not being able to do what this gas station wholesaler is able to do.

stupid is believing the lies being pushed down the media's throat, as if these conditions are real..

whatever his connections as legitimate are they are, stupid is not being able to do the same....

so, yeah, we're all quite stupid.....

all of us....

#11     Jun 12, 2008
  2. GTS

GTS

No stupid is believing a 3rd-hand story like this when it flies in the face of common sense.

Stupid is saying that the true cost of gas is $0.65/gal wholesale when it isn't.

Not surprising that when gas prices rise, the conspiracy nut jobs come out of the woodwork. I'm surprised we haven't seen more stories about the cars that run on nothing but water that the oil companies are keeping under wraps.

#12     Jun 12, 2008
  3. I heard shipping prices from Kuwait to the east or west coast add $5/gallon to the price.

Just something I heard.

#13     Jun 12, 2008
  4. Turok

Turok

Did you know you can skip the gasoline and just run your car on water.

Well, I heard that anyway.

(from some guy with a website selling the getups for a couple hundred bucks).

JB

#14     Jun 12, 2008
  5. I will admit, I would rather have been at that social function and gotten this story first hand, instead of 3rd.

I would feel better having more reference-able facts, similar to that webpage on California gas price breakdown (nice chart, thanks for the link) and confronted the owner with that and asked for similar or whether he'd elaborate better.

He too protects his edge, just like the traders deriving benefit from crude do,

Sometimes (like these) its hard to be both a trader and a concerned citizen and still make sense, let alone pass the acid test that comments on these threads throws at each other's (comments)...

tough act...

Also, seems many continue to protect their vested interests on this highly charged topic (oil pricing issues), almost as expected,

at the end of the day, the best thing I can say is take a good look at the frustration or what's called "pain at the pump" on these prices after we all turn off our computers, take off our traders' hats and return to average-Joe's....

cheers all

#15     Jun 12, 2008
  6. yeah i heard of this huge grocery store that pays 15 cents per gallon of milk and they turn around and sell it for $3.75. what a bunch of crooks.

and my plumber told me he pays $19 for a faucet that he turns around and charges $130 for.

on and on...

#16     Jun 12, 2008
  7. Turok

Turok

#17     Jun 12, 2008
  8. litxus

litxus

$0.65 per gallon in US after freight and all other expenses highly unlikely.

Cars in Russia and Europe cost more, because there are huge taxes on them and the value of USD went down alot compared to EUR in the past 10 years. If you have no connections in customs overseas you will pay huge import taxes for importing cars from US so you will not make any profit by importing.

#18     Jun 12, 2008
  9. TGregg

TGregg

So you are admitting you are stupid? Or are you able to do what this gas stations wholesaler is able to do?

EDIT: I see you edited your comments to remove this chunk. Well advised. But you did say it, and I did quote it.

#19     Jun 12, 2008
  10. TGregg

TGregg

Liar. It is no surprise that a flaming libtard needs to lie like a democratic politician to make his case. But gas stations aren't the ones pulling the price of gas every higher. Did you ever notice that gas stations advertise their current price in really big letters right by the road? What do you think happens when the station one block down is three cents cheaper?

I'll pause here for a few minutes while the libtards catch up.

Hmmm, mebbe a few minutes more (sorry about this)

OK, some folks aren't going to get it, so nuts to them.

Strange as it seems to many on the left, drivers will find and frequent the cheap gas stations. Service stations find themselves on a razor blade when it comes to gas pricing. Price a penny too high, and everybody goes to the other place. A penny too low, and you are soaked for hundreds of dollars a day.

Is this bad? No, this is free markets! Well, I guess that means it's bad if you are a libtard. They pretty much hate any freedom, unless it means handouts from Uncle Sam. How liberals went from trying to be free from government to trying to live off government, I'l never know. It's pretty sickening, really. Trying to get more and more people dependent upon government services, punishing those who somehow manage to stay off the public dole, it's pretty rotten. And right in line with the character of the libtards on this board. Rotten to the core describes a powerful lot of the libtards.

#20     Jun 12, 2008