Gas tax probably needs to go up

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, Jun 18, 2008.

1. The "gummint" is us!! I guarantee you, for everything that our 'gummint' does that YOU think is good, there is somebody else who doesn't agree. Same thing holds for what I think is good or bad. This is the weak hand of DEMOCRACY and it is still the strongest suit in the game.

#31     Jun 18, 2008
  2. Dude, get a clue... the tranport fund is raided by the politicians everytime they need dough for some b.s. projects.... then the cry is, we have no money for infrastructure - yeah, 'cause you wasted it on PORK!

end of thread... no further discussion required.

disclaimer: im in Cali

#32     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Exactly who are you to want tax increases for your personal convenience (i.e. less traffic)? Who the hell are you, some sort of wannabe elitist? The truth is...it's not up to you to determine taxation levels. It's up to the dirtbags in congress. The solution is to DRILL MORE, plain and simple.

From the antagonistic bile you keep spewing towards others, I'd suspect you yourself are feeling the pain at the pump a little and are a miffed that your fellow drivers still have the funds to fill up the tank and cause traffic for you.

#33     Jun 18, 2008
  4. Again, it is not up to you to make value judgments about how others live. Yes, I know liberals LOVE to do this to project their beliefs, but that's not the way things should work. IT'S CALLED FREEDOM.

You are FREE to live in a rathole apartment above your fucking place of business and use no gasoline at all. It is only because of FREEDOM that you have that choice. Be thankful. If others choose to exercise their freedom by living many miles from work it's none of your stinking business. Nor is their financial situation.

Be careful with your judgement of others; you could be "subprime slime" one day.

#34     Jun 18, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

The Gummint is NOT US.. it's the federal politicos in Washington.

You've confused "democracy" with a form of facism.

#35     Jun 18, 2008

6. hahahahhaah Under Bush we've had the biggest tax increase of all time: inflation. the government in congress keeps printing money so no one has to pay for anything. What a joke!!

Don't be mad because I see it coming. I'm all out of dollars and have moved most of my long term assets into Canadian securities.

It doesn't matter what anyone says in this thread.

Oil is going higher. There is going to be less people who can afford to drive. I will see my wish be it through a new gas tax or inflation's hidden tax. I have taken the steps to profit from the madness. Have you?

#36     Jun 18, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

That's not quite true. Eventually we'll ALL pay for it when the $USD "settles up"..

#37     Jun 18, 2008
  8. Hahahhaha this is priceless. It's not me making the judgment call. It's the market. I love Capitalism! It is the truth! All other nonsense and bullshit under the guise of "FREEDOM" cannot exist. Anyone who tries will be hit with... how do you say... foreclosure!

People do have the right to live wherever the fuck they want, with one condition: if they can afford it. They must work hard to afford their dreams. No free pass. This ideology that no one has to work and they can still afford a $500,000 via I/O 100% mortgage with matching SUV is the reason why we're in this subprime mess. Make no mistake. It's no where near over.

If others choose to exercise their freedom by living many miles from work it's none of your stinking business. Nor is their financial situation.

That's what those idiots told the banks, too. Hhahaha Any bank caught now with their loans are in deep shit. Capitalism at work. There is no escaping it. Chickens are coming home to roost, and I plan on feasting!

Who am I to call for higher gas taxes? A registered voter with a voice. Nothing more, nothing less. Far from elists. My ride is rather modest.

#38     Jun 18, 2008
  9. I fully agree.

Printing moneys a fools game. It just shifts the taxation to responsible savers.

#39     Jun 18, 2008

10. This is true. But no one is doing anything to stop the pork. There is only one proven way to take matters into your own hands... short the dollar. Unless someone can offer a better solution. I'm listening.

#40     Jun 18, 2008