Gas tax probably needs to go up

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, Jun 18, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

You shouldn't be too hard on us Americans... the Gummint has promoted the idea that "we can all have everything for nothing" (even if that includes charging it and reneging on the obligation to pay)... It's THEIR fault, really. We are collectively just sheep.

#11     Jun 18, 2008
  2. ken__0

ken__0

"The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

"The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

"Personal liberty largely consists of the Right of locomotion -- to go where and when one pleases -- only so far restrained as the Rights of others may make it necessary for the welfare of all other citizens. The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horsedrawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but the common Right which he has under his Right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under this Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public highways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with nor disturbing another's Rights, he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct." [emphasis added] II Am.Jur. (1st) Constitutional Law, Sect.329, p.1135.

I guess im just another uninformed motorist huh...
    Now go restore value to my worthless fed notes
    so i can afford that 4 dollar a fucking gallon gasoline

#12     Jun 18, 2008
  3. and you sir?

what are you?

#13     Jun 18, 2008
  4. The right to travel doesn't imply the promise of a car or gas to fuel it.

#14     Jun 18, 2008
  5. Someone who lives near where he works and pratices what he preaches.

#15     Jun 18, 2008
  6. ken__0

ken__0

nor is it a privalge

#16     Jun 18, 2008
  7. Your right. If you can afford gas then you have the right to use an automobile. If you can't afford it, I guess you better make some lifestyle changes if you want to eat.

Anyone who can afford gas has the privalge of driving. It's not a right, so get your fucking sorry ass out of my thread. Who the hell quotes the supreme court to back up an argument by confsung the issue at hand.

Fuck outta here.

#17     Jun 18, 2008
  8. bespoke

bespoke

I can barely afford to put fuel in my jet these days.

#18     Jun 18, 2008
  9. ken__0

ken__0

Sorry to ruffle your feather's princess.
    Here's another thing that wont make you happy
    every one could afford this gas .
    if the currency was backed as it should be.
    As far as taxing gas their shouldnt be any fucking tax.
    When looking at each individual state's as well as federal cafr its quite obvious there is no need for any taxation whatsoever .
    with very small yields of 4/5% the nation's infrastructure can be self funding.
    Everything is relative to policie's
    and policie's are also known as law's
    this is a contstitutional republic not a fucking democracy welcome to it's principal's.

#19     Jun 18, 2008

10. Hhahhhazahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahhaha :D

Looks like I'll be right because that will never happen.

[​IMG]
    If you want to support the currency how about the scum in congress only spend what they collect in taxes. These budget deficits are a joke. The Federal government along with nearly every State and Municipal government is running a defict. And You want no fucking gas tax? Fuck you. Roads do not magically appear overnight, and I seem to remember bridges collapsing not to long ago. So if there is no gas tax then how would support and mantain building all transportation infrastructure. Borrowed money? That's perfect to support the currency you damn hypocrite.

Again, too many fucking people on the road who believe they are entitled to everything for free. You may or may not be one of them, probably are. You sir are the scum of America if that's the case. Raise the fucking gas tax and put a dent in traffic either through decreased driving, new road construction or improved mass transit. The stupid government fails yet again in their job. And fuck your beliefs on democracy. If you don't like the country, get the fuck out.

#20     Jun 18, 2008