Gas price rises - where's the REAL debate??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jbtrader23, Aug 30, 2003.

1. "This all looks on the surface to be against a zillion rules and breaking a law or three, but when my friend was looking for a lawyer to take his case, he couldn't find one. What had happened to him, he was told, was fairly normal."

Fairly normal and totally legal ? Anyone think of a reason why a lawyer wouldn't take a case if there was any wrongdoing?

"This is the malaise of the market leader because leaders can only survive or they can fall but they rarely triumph. Triumph is reserved for the little guys at the expense of the leaders."

Sometimes its the little guys who envision a change for the better; they're not resting on their laurels counting the sheckles. The little guys (ie. Dell, Ellison) who took it to the leaders (IBM) and carved out a nice market for themselves. The little guys had vision that the big guys lacked and it resulted in innovation or shall we say progress.

I get a kick out of reading the opinionated stuff, makes for good bedtime stories. I'll take innovation over bitterness and the lack of progress any day.

#21     Sep 6, 2003
  2. #22     Sep 14, 2003