gary williams

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by domestic, Dec 14, 2007.

1. jwizzar

jwizzar

Hey rockbrawler,

thanks for the insight, unfortunately i don't have the funds to purchase as much as you do, maybe that's why i've been a little hesitant.

The last few weeks i have found that since June 1st i've had 14 practice trades following all of gary's rules and only had one looser. a lot of those trades had 40-50 percent gains... it's sortof like the matrix when you learn trading...every few months i have this major AHAAAA moment where things make much more sense...i guess that's why he has you practice for a year.

Would like to hear your opinion on the more advanced courses...it seems that there is so much in the Basic 1-5 that i'm pretty busy...at what point would you say it's time to take the advanced or RTP etc.?

thanks

#21     Aug 20, 2009
  2. lol. good for your little fantasy. P.T. Barnum was right.

btw, my "friends" took exactly as you outlined and all i can tell you is that his wife took a job and he is taking all the overtime that the FAA will allow.

there is not a soul who is making a living from any of these scam courses. you are not being truthful also most likely being compensated by williams.

#22     Aug 21, 2009
  3. 80% of the people who take the courses fail due from a lack of effort kinda makes for a lot of unhappy people. This is not about the 80% it about the 20%. I will say that it has changed my life. Damn i wish I were getting paid... that would be cool. Anyways, if I were getting paid by him do you think i would put all of the cost in my post? This is only my opinion, and i really dont care what anybody does.
    Have a great trading day
    r long beach ca

#23     Aug 21, 2009
  4. Phreedom1

Phreedom1

I have taken the home course and for $500 it is certainly a great value considering some of the other things out there. I tried incorporating it but being as I started in October 2009, it wasn't really the right time for such a system.I do incorporate some of the into my research and it was a great initial basis to understand trading in options. Also it is not for me, as I am more wired into being in daytrader at this point.I have a friend that is following the system and I know he will be successful at it.

The trading system is quite good and I can see how it would work if you followed all his rules. I enjoy taking nuggets from many different sources and finding a system that works for me.I think the key is to find something that you're passionate about because no one is going to spend the time needed learning trading if they are not passionate about what they are doing.

I think the greatest and most inspirational sources for me are the market Wizard series of trading books. Everyone in those books is successful to a huge degree yet all of them use different systems, and the common thread is they are extremely passionate about trading. Gary Williams is very passionate about what he does and he certainly believes in his system,, yet of course there is no one system that works for everyone in my opinion, something won't work for you unless you work for it. But without passion it becomes a chore . Just my two cents.

#24     May 28, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

For a guy no one has ever heard of there are a surprising number of low post posters who have taken his course.

Sounds like typical hind sight bull shit. The ones that get slammed, oh well take your losses quickly, that ones that get slammed and run back up, oh well you've got to be patient see, that ADX was only blah, blah, blah.

Sounds a lot like the Whitney group. They all start with a free webinar/ conference, and then they get you to sign up.

Or that Chang guy? You know him. Jerry Chang I think it is. Promised to double everyone's 25K accounts, and burned them all out during his boot camp.

#25     May 29, 2010
  6. Sad....:mad:

Unfortunately a fool will continue to be parted from their money...it all simply amazes me how reasonably intelligent people can be so gullible...

NiN

#26     May 30, 2010
  7. zzbearcat

zzbearcat

Yeah. you guys are right... its totally reasonable to pay someone and expect to be transformed into Gordon Geko over night, after all, you paid for it, and IM quite sure thats how its done. Im going to UNC basketball camp next week and then moving to LA, Im gonna play for the Lakers!!!

You whiners are pathetic.

I stumbled across these post googling to find about Garys other classes, I took the basics (3-times) live, a few years ago and was well pleased. Let me say this. I personally would not be the type of person to hang out with Gary, He & I are like oil & water, I do not care for him personally, but consider this:

-Gary used to build tires on 2nd shift
    -now hes rich, very rich and he did it on his own in the market.
    -He is sharing his experience for a price
    -he does not like to be put on the spot, who does
    -He is NOT a teacher
    -He has a high school education
    -Trading success has validated him in various aspects of his life (just my opinion) you just have to deal with that
    -he does not have the personality to "sale" anything
    -I believe he has been persuaded by others to market his experience, for a price, who wouldnt?
    -for a price you can listen to what he has to say. Years ago after every class Gary would go the waffle house with any students who wanted to go, have coffee and answer questions till 3 am. He is for real. The real deal, not something made up to market.

Yes he makes a lot of money from his classes but if you do not understand the concept of how supply and demand effect price, then you should turn your computer off and read some more books before you even think about trading. And to those of you who have so strongly spoken out against these classes or anyone else who has taken them, Its apparent why you cannot trade, you will not understand this but those who can trade do understand.

You got to build it yourself from the ground up, and thats what Garys classes said to me. and Im well pleased with what i have learned. If you cannot make enough money from the trading you do now to take the more advanced and expensive classes, then you need to work more on what you are doing now.

I highly recommend Garys classes.

#27     Nov 7, 2010
  8. tomarkcom

tomarkcom

I heard about this guy while flying a trip with another pilot trader. He has some pilot friends who say they trade his methods and do ok. If it is true that he can teach a pilot to trade "ok" then he is doing well since most pilots make bad traders-myself included. It is very strange that he is hard to find on the net and that alone makes me nervous. Anyway, I really appreciate the inputs on this guy from everyone. As with everything in trading, you have to be a little skeptical and realistic. Most of all, use stops!!

#28     Feb 14, 2012
  9. increase the o2 intake bro...the guy i know is 40k in the hole from buying him (i warned him on day 1 to run away) 3 years ago..and he still can't trade worth a shit. greed works both ways. not one of the guys i know is retired from the airlines and all are negative $$$.

in any case, i did my part.

#29     Feb 14, 2012
  10. 007Arb

007Arb

I could never understand why anyone forking over a thousand dollars or more to a Dream Merchant doesn't demand a multi-year (minimum three years) real money, real trading firm track record. I guess they want to believe so bad they fall for all the scam reasons why the Dream Merchant is unable to provide such.
    And please, never ever pay any heed to references or testimonials provided by a Dream Merchant. Just tell them to show you the money meaning real money trading statements.

I have never heard of Gary Williams but he sounds eerily like a more expensive version of Ken Roberts. Then again, they all sound like Ken Roberts with their promises of unlimited riches.

#30     Feb 15, 2012