gary williams

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by domestic, Dec 14, 2007.

1. I never heard about Gary Williams and his overpriced courses before, so thanks for the information and review. This guy is really under the radar, the only other useful information I can find about him is in a single blog.

The vast majority of people don't realize that options trading is for professional traders and anyone who is not a professional is wasting their time and money by trading options.

#11     Mar 8, 2008
  2. Fantastic...
    for this reason alone he should be taken outside and be introduced to Messrs Gray and Nicolls. Mr GW, say hello to "Mr Cricket Bat"! Might knock some sense into him.

#12     Mar 8, 2008

3. wow, thank you for the post. i will forward this and hope it makes a difference. of course, chances are it will not as they drank the kool aid. as i trade mostly index options for a good living for years and have some good friends (professionals included)who also do; 25 % monthly returns will never happen; especially to someone who has never traded. you must have seen the spreadsheet that show's what 25% per month turns into in a few years. i can understand the natural desire to believe.

since my original post this couple has cashed their 401k, bought a multi monitor pc set up and have paid for many more versions of his course. my points to them have most likely made them more gung ho to prove the cult is correct. what has shocked me is the voracity of their certainty in how much money they will make. because of this, i am counting the days to when i can say, "i told you so."

thank you again for the info!

#13     Mar 8, 2008
  4. What a scam !

$7500 for the advanced course and what is the price for the other programs ?

#14     Mar 8, 2008

5. Hehe, you are part of that scam too ,why else do you include your referral code 84055 in the link to his website ??!!

http://www.thousanddollarprofits.com/84055

#15     Mar 8, 2008
  6. If he's making 7200 per person and has say 1000 people per year, he's making some good money. No wonder he has a huge house and claims to be rich. He probably blows some of the tuition money in his trades, but keeps teaching the class, which more than makes up for it. It would also help him fit the image of being rich, making 720k per year teaching a bullshit course.

My advice, stay away. These self-proclaimed gurus always come around after a large asset bubble. They make a bundle in a short period, but can never repeat their results again, so they teach courses to keep their stream of income coming. They have proof of one great year, but if they were still riding the money train, why would they spend all their time teaching a course. Too much work in my opinion if you can just trade for an hour a day and make 20% a month, as he proclaims.

That's the first sign for me, if a guy has to charge huge prices for his course, then he's no good at trading.

#16     Mar 8, 2008
  7. i guess i must be extremely bored here on a rainy day to respond to yet another complete et moron. what is wrong with some of you people?

#17     Mar 8, 2008
  8. jwizzar

jwizzar

I took his cd course for 500...i had no knowledge of the markets before the course....since taking the course i've had discussions with guys who have been trading options for years and they were surprised when i told them i've only been studying the market for a few months.

One thing gary does really well is explain things in a simple manner.

i'm still practice trading on paper, but i've had some success with his system.
    Ive recently decided to look elsewhere for education to broaden my knowledge and find "my way". this board is really hard to sift through...most questions about education are answered with the generic response of flaming people, calling the product a scam and accusing the poster of being a shill. I can see that happens sometimes, but really this often?

I think it would be a great idea if the moderators created a thread of educational resources for newbies like myself.

happy trading mates

#18     Jun 21, 2009
    xilb51x likes this.
  9. jwizzar,
    Well I guess that I am one of the dumb people who have signed up for all of Gary's courses. It all started 3 years ago.... I was living a very expensive " foolish lifstyle" my constuction company was starting to show signs of failure. A friend refered me to Gary Williams. I paid for the CD course. After that I paid a few dollars to see him live. 2008 I sent in a check for the advance class. After completing that advanced class I also paid for the RTP class. This was a live for1 year discussing all market cycles . During July he offered another streaming video course DE. I completed all of the above and signed up for the news letter.

Here is a breakdown
    $500 cd course
    $350 live 1-5
    $1200 Advanced
    $7200 RTP
    $4000 DE
    $1000 News letter
    $130/ month Qcharts X3 years
    $3000 Multiple monitor system
    $10,000 Air travel

I think that about sums it up. Three years later, I am approaching retirement. Thats not too bad for 40 years old. Keep up the hard work, do pages 19,20,21 in your txt book and you will also have retirement choice.
    Remember this is a work thing.

PS where is the spell check on this damn thing? :)

#19     Aug 20, 2009
  10. Lay off him, he won an NCAA title in 2002. What else you want from the guy??

#20     Aug 20, 2009