Gary Smith challange, any taker?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by manz66, Feb 1, 2004.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Nitro's making $100,000 a month? My, my :eek:

#51     Feb 1, 2004
  2. The reason nobody has taken Gary Smith up on his $500 offer is that, Gary really isn't interested in proving his statement he is interested in getting a proven method for cheap ($500).

HELLO.....:cool:

#52     Feb 1, 2004
  3. LOL. Yeah he knows so many traders on a personal basis that are netting 5k per day on avg _AND_ that is why he tick f*cks the ES fifty times a day on 1 lots for 1/4's and 1/2's. Let me ask you Nitro, why have you not asked any of these super-traders you know so well to mentor you? 25 large a week is nothing to shake a stick at...

#53     Feb 1, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

In my dreams.

But a group of friends are making $10,000/M consistently, and they had an $82,000 month last month.

nitro

#54     Feb 1, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

I am on my way grasshoper...Patience....

nitro

#55     Feb 1, 2004
  6. nitro

nitro

No.

All it would measure is that there were no traders that were willing to do it for $500. That is not the same thing.

The higher the prize, the greater the chance that the prize would get "lifted." Make it $1M and I bet you would have 30 traders knocking at his door this evening with statements in hand...I personally guarantee five.

nitro

#56     Feb 1, 2004

7. :D:) :D

#57     Feb 1, 2004
  8. TD80

TD80

This smith guy sounds like he might have made it trading-wise and decided it was "his way or the highway" as far as strategy and tactics. He probably either tried daytrading futures and failed (a highly competetive instrument), or he knows a few people who didn't make it. So he decides the only way to make money is the way he is making money.

It's the typical closed-minded pompous jackassery we will continue to see in a industry with such a high failure rate. I agree with nitro and surfer, make the payout big enough, and he'll be broke with 5 business days from paying it out.

Goodluck,

#58     Feb 1, 2004
  9. Quote from nitro:

But a group of friends are making $10,000/M consistently, and they had an $82,000 month last month.

nitro

So within a few posts you went from knowing no one that makes less than 5k per day on avg, to knowing an entire group that makes only 10large a month. Nitro, incase you are not mathematicaly inclined -- 10 per month is only about 10% of 5 per session.

#59     Feb 1, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That's considerably less than $5000 a day . . . :confused:

#60     Feb 1, 2004