Gary Smith challange, any taker?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by manz66, Feb 1, 2004.

1. 007Arb

007Arb

I never said *anything* about giving up a trading system, just three years of monthly trading statements as validation. Long, long ago I was a part time trader in the stock index futures and sold a daytrading manual. With the manual I sent anywhere from 7 to 10 years of real money monthly trading statements to validate my claims that I was a successful trader. What is so difficult about that? You ask some of the crooks, con men, and charlatans who infest the vendoring business to document their out of the world claims and all you get are 1001 excuses on why that is not possible.

Not sure why someone has to pull up some post of mine from another site that is 8 years old to stir up the pot. I haven't daytraded stock index futures since the 90s. So what do I know? It was a great way for this small time trader to begin building a retirement nest egg but at least for me, the real money and compounding came from trading equity and bond mutual funds. In fact, I still trade funds and have had my most productive (dollar wise, not percentage wise) 4 years ever all thanks to Ben Bernanke and how he has lifted bonds of all stripes and colors. From junk to emerging markets to this year's non agency RMBS. I know fund trading sounds dull and boring, but works for me.

#121     Nov 27, 2012
    fortydraws likes this.
  2. yiehom

yiehom

Happy to hear from you, Sir. What was said here 8 years ago is still relevant today and I am 101% with you re. the snake oil merchants. I was curious about how you fared in today's markets.
    I believe bonds funds are the only one performing well nowadays, and municipals are history?
    Thanks for the comments.
    Yiehom

#122     Nov 28, 2012
  3. I don't know anything about fund trading. Why would it be boring?

#123     Nov 28, 2012
  4. yiehom

yiehom

Because it lacks the thrills you get when trading on NFP or FOMC decisions. Not every body trades for the same outcome.

#124     Nov 28, 2012