Gary Johnson to drop GOP bid for Libertarian run

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/gary-johnson-drop-gop-bid-libertarian-run-024003651.html

Gary Johnson to drop GOP bid for Libertarian run

EXETER, N.H. (AP) — The former governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson, is dropping his Republican presidential bid to run for the Libertarian Party nomination.

Johnson plans to announce his candidacy for the Libertarian nomination next week. He has struggled to get any traction in the GOP race for the White House and has been excluded from all but two presidential debates.

A spokesman for Johnson, Joe Hunter, said Tuesday night that Johnson is frustrated because his viewpoint hasn't been heard.

Johnson's plans were first reported by Politico.

2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Gary who? :D

I'm guessing he'll be the third party candidate that neither Dems nor Reps will be much concerned about.

3. This will help the Libertarian brand and keep Gary relevant for future elections.

4. The two party dictatorship would be more concerned if his views were equally reported and objectively analyzed. I don't know a lot about his positions but the brief overview I heard looked pretty good.

5. rew

rew

Gary Johnson is the best alternative to Ron Paul.

So if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Doesn't that violate your anti-abortion position? Where's your principled stance on states' rights? :p :D

7. rew

rew

My position on abortion is that whatever laws we have on it should be made at the state level. This has nothing to do with being anti or pro abortion. It's being pro Constitution.

I agree with neither Ron Paul nor Gary Johnson on everything. But they are both vastly better than Obama or the neocons.

8. BSAM

BSAM

ABR

9. Mercor

Mercor

Abortion is an issue of Due Process not States Rights.

10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Tell it to your fellow traveler. As far as I'm concerned, you're both wrong.

#10     Dec 22, 2011