Gary B Smith's tscm trial...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by praetorian2, Sep 1, 2001.

1. I was wondering if anyone here has subscribed to this new realmoney.com service. If so, i'd like to know your opinion of it. I really trust gary, and he is one of my "trading gods". I am gonna take the trial on it, and will give feedback in a week or so after I've tested it.

2. Babak

Babak

P2,

I also hold Gary in high esteem. I have yet to find someone as forthright and humble. However, I haven't subscribed yet because I believe that the market conditions right now limit his trading style.

You can see in his daily comments on the site that he only has one or two picks (if any) in a given day. He is by far in cash. I don't think we will be getting much for our money right now.

3. lescor

lescor

I've been a studious follower of Gary since he started writing for thestreet.com in '97. I've been trading his system this year with very good results. The biggest thing I've found with this new service is that he has changed some of his parameters for trade selection and tweaked his money management rules. Several of his picks this week did not show up in my scans, but I liked the charts and ended up taking the trades.

I'm going to subscribe for a while and track all his selections in Excel to get some insight into his selection criteria and pick up some of his discretionary rules.

There is a very good and active thread on Gary's system at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GBS_Trading