Gartman says gold is going loooooower

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by stock777, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility either. The decreasing gold price is driven primarily by GLD selling (leading to sales of physical gold) and the initial frenzy of buying in China has subsided.

#51     Jun 26, 2013
  2. Gold is for trading, not for owning.

#52     Jun 26, 2013
  3. zdreg

zdreg

gold 3x from july 08 to aug 11.
    gold uo 6x from year 2000

all the people like jim rogers who took delivery are idiots inyour mind.

12 straight up years.

gold is for holding not trading.

#53     Jun 26, 2013
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Gold is more a hedge that should probably never exceed 20% of your holdings for any reason. The spike since july 08 was associated with the fear trade held by those who believe the US is heading into a Depression, and that QE was merely delaying that inevitability.

So, if this theory doesn't hold water, the july 08 level may be revisited. And, furthermore, Gold does tend to cycle up or down for many years, so it is not outrageous to think it could revisit year 2000 levels if the world economy improves in 2015.

I'm not looking in hindsight, I posted in 2011 that I thought Gold looked toppy and may be somewhat of a bubble. Of course, I am far more optimistic about the world economy then many on here.
    I would never presume to have known exactly what Gold was going to do in 2011, because shorting strong markets is a fools game. Its no longer a strong market, in fact, it was obviously in a down trend at much higher levels, and most gold mining stocks crashed in value long before now.

#55     Jun 26, 2013
  5. Even if gold goes to 10,000

Is does not change the simple fact

That its biggest fans

Are lunatics

#56     Jun 26, 2013
  6. ======================
    Some great points Z Dr g;
    but i like mr Gartmans counter-trend comments-however going counter trend makes better news than profits. LOL:D

Nothing in this post is disrespectful to mr Gartman;
    likable trader:cool:

#57     Jul 17, 2013
  7. zorro

zorro

#58     Aug 13, 2013
  8. jsp326

jsp326

And...

Even if it gold goes down to 800

It does not change the simple fact

That its biggest irrational haters

Are idiots

#59     Aug 13, 2013
  9. Anyone notice gold closed at a recent high yesterday, after a huge upday, as forseen by the PriceDrivers™?

#60     Aug 13, 2013