Gartman issues massive buy signal for gold

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ralph00, Oct 3, 2010.

1. He made an excellent choice outperforming probably 90% of all hedgefunds or so.

#31     Oct 10, 2010
  2. nobody claimed that it had been wrong to get into gold at the perfect timing ;-)

I am just sick of all those lazy rats who repeat over and over what CNBC and German gold coin vending machine salesmen are preaching which is that gold is gonna go to 3000+ and that it has been the best performing asset class so far this year or last year (which is clearly incorrect).

By the way, were you not the one who used strong language to discount the market view of one of the most subscribed independent analysts? Why not giving people the benefit of the doubt and you come back in one year and cast your judgment then...

#32     Oct 10, 2010
  3. lol, yeah, and maybe you can tell us how small caps, mid caps, large caps, emerging markets, CDSs, high yield,.......,and have performed? Still think gold is the absolute out-performer? Then you may wanna look again. Just a hint!

#33     Oct 10, 2010
  4. yeah, and he most probably lost the same amount in his "long-term buy and hold" stock portfolio. ;-)

#34     Oct 10, 2010
  5. It's going to 10K.

#35     Oct 10, 2010
  6. No probably not because most gold bulls believe in the inverse relation between gold and stocks.

#36     Oct 10, 2010
  7. Yea, like for instance C is up from 0,80$ to 4$.

If only I would have put all my money in that cash machine.

#37     Oct 10, 2010
  8. yeah, hindsight is golden.....and what was your point again???

#38     Oct 10, 2010
  9. You are minimizing gold's performance this last decade by pointing out higher returns in other assets within very arbitrary chosen time frames.

Yes, emerging markets did great these last 2 years but you forget to mention many of them encountered 60% to 80% drops in the crash of 08, an endurance gold holders had the fortune of not encountering.

So yes, if you bought gold in 1980 you would have only been up 60% in 30 years while the Dow went up 1500% but if you would have bought gold in 1970 you would be up 4000% today!

We could go back and forth for days on this but what's the point?

Gold has been the prime asset to own this last decade without competition period.

Will it last? Who knows.

If you think so buy it, if you think it's overvalued short it.

What more is there to say.

#39     Oct 10, 2010
  10. this is a trading forum, and not an investing one. And the OP's post was trading related not with time frames in terms of years. I still dont get your point at all. All you are saying is that depending on what time frames you pick gold may have outperformed other assets. Fine, I agree. I only added my 2 cents when others claimed gold rush is underway over 2009 and 2010 which is complete nonsense.

#40     Oct 10, 2010