Garlic

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by bookish, May 23, 2019.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

The only downside is the smell, but that's nothing a good tooth brush can't fix.

#11     May 25, 2019
  2. That toothbrush better have a long enough handle to reach your stomach.

#12     May 25, 2019
  3. d08

d08

It does evaporate through your skin somehow if consumed in large quantities. Having lived around slavs for a long time, I can tell you it's a thing.

#13     May 25, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

According to the wife, I smell for at least a day through the skin. Now I noticed if I drink milk while I eat garlic, that helps to eliminate the taste from my tongue.

Interestingly, if you use DMSO that causes a garlicky taste shortly after its use, that is how you know it entered your system.

#14     May 26, 2019
    mlawson71 likes this.
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

That's an interesting bit of information, regarding the milk, thanks for that.
    What's DMSO?

#16     May 26, 2019
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is an industrial byproduct that has surprisingly good health effects, mostly as painkiller and muscle recovery from exhaustion. It has the strange characteristic of the ability to go through your skin and into your blood stream. It can be used alone (mostly used for race horses), or as a delivery device for other medications that needs to get into your blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyl_sulfoxide

So imagine that you put a chemical on your skin and in 20-30 seconds later you feel garlic in your mouth.

--------------------------

I knew the Chinese makes most of the world's garlic (85%) but they also eat most, something like 30 lbs a year per capita. Although the Chinese garlic doesn't seem to be as strong as Western one.

#17     May 26, 2019
    mlawson71 likes this.
  7. mlawson71

mlawson71

This is the first time I've heard about this, I had no idea. Thank you for explaining!

#18     May 27, 2019
  8. bookish

bookish

I had friend that had a bottle of garlic from a now extinct variety that had a wonderful and strong flavor. I used a little black magic (joking) to create a few living plants of this extinct strain. The guy's wife didn't recognize my experiment as anything other than trash. She threw it out and something happened to the bottle. Now its extinct for real.

#19     May 30, 2019