gaps don't mean a thing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dozu888, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Why?

He presented a topic for discussion without presenting his own studies just a topic phrase and ONE word in his message context.

#11     Jan 27, 2013
  2. PaulVl

PaulVl

Fair enough.

#12     Jan 27, 2013
  3. "Trading The Gap" was Altucher's best trading method in his book, "Trade like a Hedge Fund."

I modified it four years ago with more up to date parameters than were available to him at the time, and it's now typically the most profitable chartscript at http://wl4.wealth-lab.com in the chartscript net profit rankings and wealth lab score rankings.

No, the gap especially for NAZ100 for this trading system was indeed one of the best most simple ideas the trading community has, and since the backtests and forward tests have left this script at the top for years, there's not even any doubt it'll be up there for years more yet.

#13     Jan 27, 2013
  4. Bob111

Bob111

once again-english is not my native language but imo OP made a statement and i agree with daniel- there is nothing to discuss.

here:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/statement

1. The act of stating or declaring.
    2. Something stated; a declaration.

now..what we can discuss is this:

thought

1. The act or process of thinking; cogitation.
    2. A product of thinking. See Synonyms at idea.

what i(for example) posted here is a thought, an idea.

sad to see this from OP,who is member of ET since 2001..

as for PaulVl-first rule of the internet forums(in case you didn't know it)-never insult anyone DIRECTLY(specially -people you didn't know). so-if i call you a f** asshole (even i do have reason for it)-that would be a bad manners. welcome to my ignore list

#14     Jan 27, 2013
  5. zdreg

zdreg

you are a another ET taker.

obviously they didn't teach you in kindergarten how to introduce a topic.

#15     Jan 27, 2013
  6. Let me save the OP some trouble.

"Discuss More"

#16     Jan 27, 2013
  7. vinc

vinc

funny, sounds like an order :)

sit

get up

stay there

no wonder people get different reactions , but the funniest thing is that SOME do start discussing after such introduction / which is a bit of an insult imo /

#17     Jan 27, 2013
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

If the market gaps down, and a stock gaps up on high relative volume, and the market touches a -1000 tick, and that stock doesn't fall much, what do you do?

Discuss that.

#18     Jan 27, 2013
  9. Fool

Fool

"Reaction of market participants to gaps is where the money is made." (NoDoji)

"Great ideas have been around for years. But most people get to see only glimpses if them. Getting to see the full picture takes more work and effort than most are willing to invest. And it's so much simpler to dismiss things." (small beer)

Those are trading wisdom.

#19     Jan 27, 2013
  10. Gaps represent a change in supply and demand.

Example...Why are people now paying 110 this morning for something that was 100 yesterday at the close?

There is more demand.

More willing buyers than sellers is what the gap means :)

#20     Jan 27, 2013